AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54.
01:05 PM on 03/03/08
The_EasyKill
User Info.
How is it "shoved down your throat"? You can filter out ATL news on AP or if you don't want to see them on TV, CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

Ummm, they are on the cover of every magazine....

I just dont see what everybody loves about loves about this band. There is nothing original about them at all. They sound like every other pop punk band out there. Then again I guess a lot of pop punk fans dont really go much outside of that particular kind of music.

I know im going to get bashed for giving this band my undying love but whatever, im sick of the same old bullshit pop/punk crap. Someone please just tell me something that they are doing that nobody else has done already (musically).
01:12 PM on 03/03/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.

I just dont see what everybody loves about loves about this band. There is nothing original about them at all. They sound like every other pop punk band out there. Then again I guess a lot of pop punk fans dont really go much outside of that particular kind of music.

I know im going to get bashed for giving this band my undying love but whatever, im sick of the same old bullshit pop/punk crap. Someone please just tell me something that they are doing that nobody else has done already (musically).
It is a well-known fact they do nothing new. They are above average in the catchiness department, and people like that. Seems reasonable enough to me.
01:16 PM on 03/03/08
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.

amen
01:24 PM on 03/03/08
mcdizzle88
meh.
User Info.
they never set out to do anything different. they've been quoted, many times in fact, saying that they're not out there to break the mold. they're all about writing pop-punk music. so they're not doing anything new, but they're doing it very well. they love what they do, the kind of music they make, and don't want to change that. sorry if that doesn't suit your style, but its not like anyone is making you listen to them. and they're getting so much attention (like the magazine covers) because its their time. they deserve all of the attention they're getting.
01:24 PM on 03/03/08
SJms1026
User Info.
I'll be watching.
01:54 PM on 03/03/08
The_EasyKill
User Info.
they never set out to do anything different. they've been quoted, many times in fact, saying that they're not out there to break the mold. they're all about writing pop-punk music. so they're not doing anything new, but they're doing it very well. they love what they do, the kind of music they make, and don't want to change that. sorry if that doesn't suit your style, but its not like anyone is making you listen to them. and they're getting so much attention (like the magazine covers) because its their time. they deserve all of the attention they're getting.

But what makes them deserve it over a million other bands out there doing nothing new?? or better yet the bands that have a lot more talent and have a much more developed sound?

Honestly all it is is a large marketing budget that has done a very good job getting you to believe that this is what you should be listening to. : )
02:20 PM on 03/03/08
mcdizzle88
meh.
User Info.
No one has led me to believe that this is what I should be listening to in any way. I don't listen to music I don't enjoy. All Time Low, and other bands in their genre, are what I enjoy listening to. So I listen to them.

I'm sure there are a ton of other bands who deserve this attention just as much as All Time Low does. I won't deny that. They're getting this attention over other bands because they work their asses off to get their name out there in any way possible. Other bands that do the same will get the attention they deserve. The guys in All Time Low have been hard at work to get this kind of attention since they were freshmen in high school. They played so many local shows that I'm sure they've lost count. They had early release in school to go practice, write, and play shows. They promoted the shit out of themselves, even after they were signed. They took every opportunity to play as the openers on big act bills, and when they couldn't do that they'd still go to the shows and get their names out there. Bottom line is they've been working really hard for a really long time, so this kind of attention IS what they deserve.

And I wouldn't say that they have no talent. In fact I'd say the exact opposite. Just because they aren't your cup of tea doesn't mean they don't have talent. They're very talented, in many ways.
02:35 PM on 03/03/08
caitlinlee
User Info.
i'll keep my fingers crossed for something older... but i won't hold my breath.

haha yea not a chance.

Dear Maria, Six Feet Under, and I don't know what the third will be. Dear Maria will be the one actually seen by tv viewers, but people who play Kimmel play 3 songs.

Too bad I won't be down in LA this Friday. I saw Flavor Flav at Jimmy Kimmel once, haha.
02:48 PM on 03/03/08
tjb4233
Like Violence!
User Info.
2008 is most def the year of All Time Low...it feels like they have tripled in popularity since the year began...and just about every 7 news posts are about them and i love it
03:20 PM on 03/03/08
screamoutmyname
through being cool
User Info.
haha yea not a chance.

Dear Maria, Six Feet Under, and I don't know what the third will be. Dear Maria will be the one actually seen by tv viewers, but people who play Kimmel play 3 songs.

Too bad I won't be down in LA this Friday. I saw Flavor Flav at Jimmy Kimmel once, haha.

i agree.

haha how was flava flav?
04:16 PM on 03/03/08
callthemrogues
Action Item / Anthony
User Info.
wow, they're blowing up so fast.
i hope they can keep up with everything that is going on
and don't like crash and burn.
06:53 PM on 03/03/08
caitlinlee
User Info.
i agree.

haha how was flava flav?

Oh man, so horrible. Old, sweaty, gross, talentless. It was actually Public Enemy, so they had about 20 people on the stage. I don't know if you're familiar with Public Enemy, but they literally have at least four guys who stand there and like wave a flag or just stand there and do nothing. The main guy though (Chuck D?) was actually singing and rapping, Flav would just randomly yell "Jimmy Kimmel!" (I guess they wrote a song just for the show, but all I could understand was "Jimmy Kimmel".

Overall, it was pretty horrible but at the same time funny. We got to see the show when it was being filmed, which was actually also pretty bad, haha.
07:32 PM on 03/03/08
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
Thats awesome for them.
07:39 PM on 03/03/08
Awesome_Danny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what, were
Cute Is What We Aim For
Bayside
Cartel
The Audition
New Found Glory
Paramore
The Higher
etc.
taken?
never knew JKL to be desperate when it comes to musical guests
08:10 PM on 03/03/08
caitlinlee
User Info.
what, were
Cute Is What We Aim For
Bayside
Cartel
The Audition
New Found Glory
Paramore
The Higher
etc.
taken?
never knew JKL to be desperate when it comes to musical guests

I do not understand your post. You go from the shittiest band (ciwwaf) to amazing bands (Bayside, NFG).
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests