Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35.
02:37 PM on 01/14/13
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
This one bores me. Very generic. The vocals are great, as usual, but the music / song structure...
Says the dude with Saves the Day on his profile pic
02:59 PM on 01/14/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Says the dude with Saves the Day on his profile pic

Ain't nothin wrong with some Saves the Day. If you're gonna hate find a better reason than that.
02:59 PM on 01/14/13
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
Ain't nothin wrong with some Saves the Day. If you're gonna hate find a better reason than that.
I love Saves the Day so...
03:29 PM on 01/14/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Coheed and STD aren't even comparable. I like them for completely different reasons.
03:36 PM on 01/14/13
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
Coheed and STD aren't even comparable. I like them for completely different reasons.
They both write music. Bam. Compared.
04:35 PM on 01/14/13
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Really loving the lyrics to this song. Sort of as power ballad, which I'm down with.

One observation (complaint?) I've had since YOTBR, is that Travis' leads seem to be buried in the mix. Same goes for Ascension too, which is a bummer. Excited to hear the live version on Conan so his leads can be up front!
04:37 PM on 01/14/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.

haha well, then what's the point of pointing out their Saves the Day avatar? They're much more musically "complex" and unique than the average pop-punk bands. I mean, if there avatar was Amber Pacific or Mixtapes I would get it...but Saves the Day isn't known for being cookie cutter.
05:24 PM on 01/14/13
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
haha well, then what's the point of pointing out their Saves the Day avatar? They're much more musically "complex" and unique than the average pop-punk bands. I mean, if there avatar was Amber Pacific or Mixtapes I would get it...but Saves the Day isn't known for being cookie cutter.
It was more the comment about being generic/regular sounding. Saves the Day can do some cool stuff but they do a lot that is similar or formulaic.
06:38 PM on 01/14/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This one bores me. Very generic. The vocals are great, as usual, but the music / song structure...
for the most part, coheed has ALWAYS had a very cookie cutter song structure for 90% of their songs. intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus, but what they put in those parts, is amazing.
07:55 PM on 01/14/13
Youarcade
User Info.
Love it, Coheed can do no wrong! I just pretend YOTBR never happened.
07:57 PM on 01/14/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Really loving the lyrics to this song. Sort of as power ballad, which I'm down with.

One observation (complaint?) I've had since YOTBR, is that Travis' leads seem to be buried in the mix. Same goes for Ascension too, which is a bummer. Excited to hear the live version on Conan so his leads can be up front!
I thought the same with Ascension and the two songs we've heard from Descension which is a damn shame.
09:43 PM on 01/14/13
goodguy8705
User Info.
for the most part, coheed has ALWAYS had a very cookie cutter song structure for 90% of their songs. intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus, but what they put in those parts, is amazing.
Compared to 90% of the other bands out there, I'd say you're pretty wrong.
10:25 PM on 01/14/13
dearmsterri
User Info.
I like it. The lyrics are well written, also.
10:56 PM on 01/14/13
SeeYouHomeWolf
www.see-you-home-wolf.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Not their worst song, but aside from the intro its a little too YOTBR sounding for me. P.S. Saves The Day rules.
07:58 AM on 01/15/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Love it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music