Username
Password

06:47 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm married, and my wife and I would both agree that there isn't such a thing. It's that kind of thinking that leads to divorce IMO.
06:54 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
No.

But I would subscribe to the A Bronx Tale idea of a few "great ones."
07:01 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
no. I think there are lots of people any one person could potentially fall in love with and live a very fulfilling life with. we're more compatible with some people than others, and some matches may end up being nearly perfect. I don't believe in the concept of a single "soulmate" though.
07:11 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
No
07:47 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Not in the sense that there is some divine being that created someone explicitly for me and I was created for them. But I do think there are perfect matches, yes. Probably not just one, though.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. And I think a lot of it comes down to timing. You might be perfect for someone for a few years until all of a sudden one of you wants kids and the other doesn't, and then you move on and find someone else who fits your new needs.
09:00 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Not in the sense that there is some divine being that created someone explicitly for me and I was created for them. But I do think there are perfect matches, yes. Probably not just one, though.
This. And I found mine.
09:27 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
This. And I found mine.
Atta boy. Same.
09:45 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
Illinois, USA
Genderqueer - 24 Years Old

Best answer.
09:48 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
If you had asked me when I was younger, I would have said "Yes" without the slightest doubt. I definitely don't feel the same way now.
09:59 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
I thought were were gonna come into this thread and name each other. This is awkward.

This post wasn't praised properly. Well done, Marcus.
10:01 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
the question made me think of this:

"Love is a form of prejudice. You love what you need, you love what makes you feel good, you love what is convenient. How can you say you love one person when there are ten thousand people in the world that you would love more if you ever met them? But you’ll never meet them."

(from "Strokes to Nowhere" in Bukowski's Hot Water Music)
10:04 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
I don't believe in one out of 7 billion people is specially synced with me, but I do know that finding someone you really click with on all levels is really rare to find, so I don't take it for granted. True love is seeing someone for who they are, not idealizing the individual. Maybe if people treated each other with that same sense of love, we'd be living in a much more pleasant world.
10:12 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 21 Years Old
nothing but my own damn palm is worthy of my devotion
10:14 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Lueda Alia
London, ON
Female - 27 Years Old
Staff Member
the question made me think of this:

"Love is a form of prejudice. You love what you need, you love what makes you feel good, you love what is convenient. How can you say you love one person when there are ten thousand people in the world that you would love more if you ever met them? But you’ll never meet them."
I love that. Might have to borrow it.
10:16 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
I don't like the idea of soulmates. I think a lot of people are deluded into trying to find their soulmates and have a fantasy-esque romance that doesn't exist in real life. I know tons of people who think love and relationships needs to be like a fairytale all the time. idk the way I see it, if the honeymoon phase ends and you still want to be with that person for the rest of your life and still want to look at their face every day for decades to come, deal with their annoying little habits, etc, then it's something worth keeping.

But there are so many people out there that you will never meet, that I find it hard to believe that someone is "the one." There are probably tons of people compatible enough for you and you'll never really know.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos