AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streetlight Manifesto News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streetlight Manifesto
Inside AP.net

Streetlight Manifesto Issues Update On New Record,...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (01/15/13)
Streetlight Manifesto has issued an update on its upcoming record, The Hands That Thieve. It's been mastered but the release date is still up in the air, and it sounds like the album will be coming out through Victory Records. You can hear two separate one-minute samples from the album here. The Hands That Thieve and the corresponding acoustic album by Toh Kay, The Hand That Thieves, were originally going to come out in November, then they got pushed to January.
From The Band Long time, eh?

So this is the time when we should be shipping out all the pre-orders for “The Hands That Thieve” and “The Hand That Thieves” but as most of you who have been posted next to your mailboxes have figured out – it hasn’t shipped yet. ”Streetlight, is there a silver lining amongst all this placating?” you ask – and the answer is – YES.

The album has been mastered and as proof – today we proudly provide you with the first of many samples of the new Streetlight Manifesto record. Here are two, minute-long clips of two songs that you’ll hear on “The Hands That Thieve”.

The release date is currently up in the air, though. When we hear from Victory Records about when they’ll be releasing the album, we will be right there to let you know. We hope to know the release date within a week or so.

We understand patience has been worn thin but we stand by this record and the work that has gone into it with such unwavering aplomb that our excitement should match yours when you hear the samples. But at the same time, we understand that you’ve all been very understanding with us and our delays, and deadlines that have come and gone, that we would like to compensate you accordingly. With every single pre-order (from the RISC Store) of the new album of any size (from the CD by itself to the Mega Bundle) we will be including a free live EP CD that we recorded on the “Hands That Thieve Tour” last fall. The free live EP will be an exclusive RISC Store gift and is the only professional live Streetlight Manifesto recording to date.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
04:05 PM on 01/15/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Sample sound great! Can't believe they're still on Victory. Sigh.
04:11 PM on 01/15/13
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Amazon did have a release date of March, I wonder if that is true?
04:35 PM on 01/15/13
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
stoked to hear this but it better be worth the wait.
04:37 PM on 01/15/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Soundcloud clips don't work anymore.
04:41 PM on 01/15/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Samples sound great but I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back a few more times.
04:46 PM on 01/15/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
i would LOVE to make a documentary about these type of bands. like, the level of streetlight manifesto. id love to know how they balance second jobs, how lucrative being in a band like streetlight manifesto is..how imoprtant is it to them..etc etc
05:07 PM on 01/15/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
As far as I know, this is their last contractually obligated release from Victory.
05:29 PM on 01/15/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
yeah, really weird victory's putting it out.
05:31 PM on 01/15/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I keep trying to "like" comments haha
05:42 PM on 01/15/13
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
Clips sound amazing.
06:49 PM on 01/15/13
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Professional Live recording?

DO WANT
07:11 PM on 01/15/13
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Love how they make the live recording only available through the RISC Store. Awesome way to fuck victory.

Very excited for this too!
07:29 PM on 01/15/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
i would LOVE to make a documentary about these type of bands. like, the level of streetlight manifesto. id love to know how they balance second jobs, how lucrative being in a band like streetlight manifesto is..how imoprtant is it to them..etc etc
Not at all lucrative when you're on Victory.
07:46 PM on 01/15/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
First time I've heard of pre-orders without a set release date.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums