Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:03 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old

Haha. I waited until I was actually awake and yeah, it's not. I did order this one though.

10:57 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
As cool as that is, it reminds me of Phil Fish and that I hate him.
11:12 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 21 Years Old
joel come chat, don't ignore Jake
at night I have a very rigid schedule that involves playing call of duty and masturbating and while I love you all don't expect me to love you guys more than I love the aforementioned activities anytime soon. babysteps, darling. babysteps.
11:14 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
at night I have a very rigid schedule that involves playing call of duty and masturbating and while I love you all don't expect me to love you guys more than I love the aforementioned activities anytime soon. babysteps, darling. babysteps.
You can do both while Tinychatting. Bad excuse.
11:20 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I really love that I can do the main bass riff on Blitzkrieg Bop, easy as shit but it's cool to me that I can learn while I having no really knowledge on how to play the bass.
11:47 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
I really love that I can do the main bass riff on Blitzkrieg Bop, easy as shit but it's cool to me that I can learn while I having no really knowledge on how to play the bass.
yeah it feels really cool to be able to play a recognizable riff even if it's not that difficult to do.
11:51 AM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
yeah it feels really cool to be able to play a recognizable riff even if it's not that difficult to do.
Thanks to Rocksmith, I'm slowly learning how to play Slow Hands by Interpol. I'm getting better and better at it, especially with my fingers over a pick.
12:13 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
LA
Male - 22 Years Old
http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/9045-waxahatchee/

12:28 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Thanks to Rocksmith, I'm slowly learning how to play Slow Hands by Interpol. I'm getting better and better at it, especially with my fingers over a pick.

don't worry ive been fiddling on my bassist's guitar on and off for a couple years, still don't have the technique down even though notes-wise i know it just as well as a regular guitar. its something that really does take a lot of practice and conditioning.
12:42 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 25 Years Old

Awesome
12:47 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
don't worry ive been fiddling on my bassist's guitar on and off for a couple years, still don't have the technique down even though notes-wise i know it just as well as a regular guitar. its something that really does take a lot of practice and conditioning.
I'm a fast learner but I can imagine it'll be a while before I can adequately play the insturment. It's good to have goals though.
12:51 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I'm a fast learner but I can imagine it'll be a while before I can adequately play the insturment. It's good to have goals though.

yeah i mean being a fast learner helps you with like, what to play, but there's also a physical aspect -- how you play it. its something your fingers have to become comfortable with, almost second nature with. if there's one thing ive learned about bass, it's not like guitar or piano where if you hit all the right notes you pretty much got it down. being consistent with volume (on bass it's really easy to accidentally hit a random loud note that clips on the soundsystem/in a recording), playing firmly without the noise of the strings slapping against the pickups, even keeping a steady rhythm all requires very specific technique, like your fingers have to be firm but delicate at the same time. it's really hard.

im sure you know this but if you angle your hand downward to where your fingers are perpendicular to the guitar, it makes all this a lot easier.
01:21 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Murder By Death is probably definitely my favorite band.
01:23 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
spence let's be friends
01:58 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
Baltimore, MD