AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: October Wolves - 01.16.13

October Wolves - 01.16.13

Interviewed by
October Wolves - 01.16.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

October Wolves

Facebook:
http://facebook.com/octoberwolves

Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-alive-project

Bandcamp:
http://octwolves.bandcamp.com

Questions answered by vocalist/guitarist Josh Sullivan.

1. How did you get your band name?

October Wolves started as a project under a similar name between my drummer and I. We were playing acoustic(ish) and ambient music that was much more stripped down. What we had kind of fell apart and I spent months with nothing to pursue.

2. How did this band get started?

A band from Connecticut, Manners, was looking for a place to play in VA on their tour. I told them they could jam in my shed, but obviously they need other acts to play that night..So I rounded up some friends and we just fucking had a fun time. Our sound and lineup is much different now, but it was incredible.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We all listen to a lot of music, but I'm really into Underoath, Now, Now, Thrice, Coldplay, Moving Mountains, Every Time I Die, and a lot of local bands.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Underoath..Hands down. That band means so much to me as a person, and I think has had a huge impact on everyone in this band. We might not be incredibly similar in a musical aspect, but I love them so much. Sucks to be losing them.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

To be fairly honest, we've yet to be on a single legitimate tour, so I'm not yet aware. But my drummer and I have somehow made it tradition to always eat McDonalds at shows, so we'd probably have a lot of that.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

This to me, is always a strange question. If there were any reason for you to listen October Wolves, I suppose it would be because music is what's most important to us, and pretty much always has been...and we're nothing without people's support, and we know that. We always support and show love to those who even give us the time of day, we always want to be grateful for the people we have in our lives.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

I'm not much of a sports guy. My drummer would probably say someone from the Redskins. Don't ask me why he likes them.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The usual. Parents, family, friends, and everyone we could that has been there for us.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

If I could make an impact, I'd want more diversity in the mainstream. Maybe some bands don't like the idea of playing on the radio or anything of that matter, because that's considered lame now. But it's simply because all the music you hear/see on the charts is generally complete shit. I believe there are plenty of people who LOVE music who have no idea who Circa Survive is, because all they hear is what's on the radio. That's a shame. I was, in fact, one of those people in my younger years.

10. Memorable tour experience?

No touring yet, unfortunately. However, I think the greatest show we've ever done was a few nights ago. We had this band Wings To Save come down from P.A. and we had so much fun. For the first time in my life people sang along to my music, they were screaming their lungs out, and at one point I didn't even have my own microphone. It was amazing.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

AP.Net is a great site because they put a spotlight on so many bands and so many different types of music. The fact that you guys are allowing these interviews and random bands to be featured on your website is a phenomenal thing to me, and we're all so appreciative of it.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

"Last of Lions", which will be on our upcoming EP We Are Alive.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

For me, VA Beach is where I've gone a lot for vacations. A lot of people say it sucks, but it holds a lot of wonderful memories to me. I love being at the beach. It's great to get away.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Pillows, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace. Most of what was on the radio in like 2003.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Flying. Flying would be fucking amazing. That is all.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

McDonald's, or we get pizza. I think that's probably it though.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Um, our first legit show was with Woe Is Me (don't ask why... I think they're terrible) and I had JUST gotten out of the hospital the night before, I was diagnosed with mono and a throat infection. I was in more pain then I've ever been, and I honestly thought I was dying. But we did the show because, fuck it.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

As I said above, the radio is garbage now. A few years back there used to be SOME good outlet, but now it's all just garbage. It's genuinely upsetting to witness what the mainstream does to good music, and to bands who don't have a huge label backing them. It's fucked.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Other then recording demo's on my computer... WoW. That is all.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I literally have no talents except that I play like four different instruments... so that's all I got.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests