Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Mike Felumlee

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/17/13)
Chicago punk rock royalty Mike Felumlee may be best known as the former drummer of Alkaline Trio and Smoking Popes, but he also fronts a solo project that isn't a far cry from his previous bands. Head to his AP.net profile to hear a new track, appropriately titled "Your Favorite Song." It comes from Broken Heart Records' Unsigned/Unrest, which is due out on February 12th. The benefit compilation features new and previously unreleased material from Socratic, Over It, House of Fools, Kut U Up and more. Pre-order it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
07:57 AM on 01/17/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Guy's stuff on the split with Dan Andriano is really good; stoked
02:19 PM on 01/17/13
doritoz
NICER DICER
User Info.
I'll just say that the drum intro to "Take Lots With Alcohol" is really cool.
02:24 PM on 01/17/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I hope he puts out more material. The split with Friendly Enemies was really good and the Dan split was phenomenal. I thought he'd posted about writing more stuff after the last split and I hadn't hear any news in 4 years or so.
03:30 PM on 01/17/13
dzrecd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the comments guys. @TheUpside, I have some new stuff on mikefelumlee.bandcamp.com. I try to stay active but it's hard with a real full time job, family life and a baseball team to coach :) Most of my stuff is on Spotify and iTunes as well.
06:57 PM on 01/17/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
Thanks for the comments guys. @TheUpside, I have some new stuff on mikefelumlee.bandcamp.com. I try to stay active but it's hard with a real full time job, family life and a baseball team to coach :) Most of my stuff is on Spotify and iTunes as well.
Nice! Will have to check it out soon. I still listen to the Friendly Enemies split all the time. Did they ever do anything else?
07:52 AM on 01/18/13
dzrecd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice! Will have to check it out soon. I still listen to the Friendly Enemies split all the time. Did they ever do anything else?

Friendly Enemies we pretty much a solo thing for Travis Brown from Split Habit. You should check out their old full-length called "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" if you can find it. It's a pretty great pop-punk record. Travis runs a label called Stayposi Records and produces a bunch of bands now. I think he might do a new solo release sometime this year too.
09:55 PM on 02/09/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
I really enjoy your solo stuff, I can't believe it slipped by me. I am in a similar position trying to balance work with art making. For me, I set goals to be in the atudio making paintings 20-40 hours a week but with LIFE it just never works out. Do you have any tricks, painting and music is totally different visually but fundamentally not so different, motivation is the key i guess. How do you stay motivated?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests