AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

National Product News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

National Product Bro Down and Become Karaoke Champions

Posted by - 06:49 PM on 03/05/08
Danny from National Product sent in this story of their last show on the Bingo Bango Ready to Go Go tour, where they met some kids from AP.net, met some chicks dude, chicks, and conquered a karaoke tournament at the prestigious Angels and Kings in New York City. Read below and see a video and pictures in the replies.
Karaoke StorySo last night we were playing our last show of the “Bingo Bango Ready to Go Go” with Lorene Drive, Farewell & Powerspace. We also had the homies Sing It Loud on the bill too. Anyhow, I wanna first start off by saying...Lorene Drive, Farewell & Just Surrender. Some of the raddest dudes of all time, we are going to genuinely miss them terribly. Powerspace dudes, we just met in Philly and only had 2 days with them but they are bitchin too and im glad we got to share drinks with them but they will also be missed.

Anyhow, we finished our NYC show at the Knitting Factory and to my surprise, we met a nice amount of AP.net kids. So that was rad. We finished loading up and the lovely girls from Inklings TV / FUSE invited us over to Angels & Kings where Steven (from Fuse) was holding a karaoke contest. If you know ANYTHING about NP. You know that we are not ones to turn down the karaoke of any kind. We get down. We arrived, and to our surprise, the guys from As Cities Burns, Emery, Mayday Parade, Jon from Red Jumpsuit and Matt from TBS was there. We didn’t quite notice this until a lil later, im speaking in future tense. We arrived and Naomi from Inklings hooked up a last minute closer featuring yours truly along with Nathan (our bass player) singing non other then the favorite dude drunk song “Living On a Prayer”. Somehow, we won...lots of lotions, soaps, rice crispy bars and a book on ultimate karaoke. They must have known by the band dude smells going on in that place we could use the soaps and lotions.

The pics below are random cause we didn’t know homie from Mayday was a judge and he got up and we started singing together and I looked at him, and we had a moment of weirdness like, wtf! Haha good times....

In the video, its a little dark but youll see Nathan and I singing along and walking over to Jon RJA while he belts out some of his tunage. Enjoy. Were on our way to meet up with Ivoryline and Breathe Carolina so if your around any of the dates were playing, please stop in and give us a hug.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
06:50 PM on 03/05/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

For anyone who doesn't know...in the New York/New Jersey area, "Livin on a Prayer" is standard at any karaoke event.
06:53 PM on 03/05/08
anamericangod
User Info.
Hahaha. Damn, that sounds like a good time.
07:04 PM on 03/05/08
Jamie Pham
@jamiepham
User Info.
haha awesome
07:08 PM on 03/05/08
PunkVideoGuys
Lawson Lover
User Info.
danny is such a good guy
07:16 PM on 03/05/08
SungDuck88
User Info.
hahaha.
lols at danny and the whole crew.

glad your guys tour was a good time.
07:30 PM on 03/05/08
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.

For anyone who doesn't know...in the New York/New Jersey area, "Livin on a Prayer" is standard at any karaoke event.

Truth.
07:39 PM on 03/05/08
Chico
User Info.
Thats just awesome. I'm glad I went to the show Monday, I had fun. Next time you're in the city, we'll have a beer.
08:06 PM on 03/05/08
Miss Heartcore
If I look back, I am lost.
User Info.
great show that night...I'm sure AnK was amazing. if only the trains back to jersey didnt stop running @ 12:45am it'd be so much easier to hop over there and enjoy drinks...sigh.
08:15 PM on 03/05/08
i am mclovin
chika chika yeah yeah
User Info.
hahahahahahahaha amazing.

ps: what a bunch of rockstars
08:24 PM on 03/05/08
uberlou
User Info.
Man, the video cut off just before the good part. Looks like fun. Enjoy the lotions and stuff. heh
08:31 PM on 03/05/08
singlexsorrow
In all this chaos we found safety..
User Info.
haha that's so awesome.
08:48 PM on 03/05/08
oh_heykate.
bring back the city skyline.
User Info.
Charming. :P
09:09 PM on 03/05/08
themadsilentist
Believe.
User Info.

Is there anywhere in the country where it isn't standard? I mean come on. My karaoke nights are never complete until I hear at least one intoxicated rendition of Bon Jovi.

Journey too, come to think of it...
09:17 PM on 03/05/08
two_days_slow
User Info.
that's my boy Nate, do your thing!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT