Username
Password
Forgive Durden News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
07:43 PM on 01/18/13
quitthecarnival
the lights above the arby's
User Info.
I think the problem is this isn't the whole thing and there's multiple people singing parts (I think), so it feels pretty disjointed, plus we're (or at least I'm) all so used to the original album version? I can't see him putting out something lackluster after 5 years of new work, so hopefully the full thing works better?

But if he still kept Spider and the Lamps in the full version in some way, then Mysterious Man would pretty cool because of the parallels. Also I like the idea of King Malka (if they're still calling him that since I think they changed Anhura's name?) being more sinister.
02:24 AM on 01/19/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Just some of the tracks - to tell an overview of the story. There will be more numbers in a true production of the musical.
Ah, okay thanks.

Upon another listen I really like "The Sacrifice"
04:25 AM on 01/19/13
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
I still don't get it.
09:10 AM on 01/19/13
cirerelleum
Registered Member
User Info.
I agree with the new lyrics sounding very forced, especially with the new version of The Missing Piece. I'm upset with the lack of The Exit, it was the most important song in that act in the original version. I do like "Make Believe" a lot, though. But it might just be because the dude singing it kills it.
10:13 AM on 01/19/13
coasterdevils30
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, not a fan with most of the lyric changes. It's the little things like "let the light shine, open all your eyes. Shower us in light." Just doesn't sound right, even though its only a one word change.
10:15 AM on 01/19/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
horrible compared to the album
Came here to say this.
11:32 AM on 01/19/13
harveyn590
User Info.
horrible compared to the album
Really? I like these singers much better than all the scene dudes on the original. I can actually see a musical happening with this version
12:31 PM on 01/19/13
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
I remain hopeful. I don't think he's finished writing for this.
05:16 PM on 01/19/13
Short-Lived
User Info.
This is pretty awful.
05:22 PM on 01/19/13
grimis16
User Info.
Really? I like these singers much better than all the scene dudes on the original. I can actually see a musical happening with this version
crazy...all those "scene dudes" make the album. And the chick from this is horrible compared to the one on the album.
05:39 PM on 01/19/13
harveyn590
User Info.
crazy...all those "scene dudes" make the album. And the chick from this is horrible compared to the one on the album.
to each his own
10:29 PM on 01/19/13
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
You guys are ridiculous. So it's not the exact same...
It's equally as great--and on the way to becoming an amazing stage musical! I love the new songs. Some of the lyric changes throw me off because of how I am used to the album versions, but that's okay--and we don't even know if songs are cut or not.

ALL of the singers are amazing. Love the harmonies, and the life they bring to each song/role. Keep an open mind, and you will see that all of their hard work has paid off, and it's absolutely fantastic.
06:39 PM on 01/20/13
AndyMania
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is a big bummer
07:34 PM on 01/20/13
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
I mean, they have good voices... but I just don't understand this. Are they turning it into a staged musical or doing these 'concerts'?
05:59 AM on 01/21/13
Garett Press
User Info.
I mean, they have good voices... but I just don't understand this. Are they turning it into a staged musical or doing these 'concerts'?
Staged musical. This is a concert-style preview that a lot of developing musicals will do.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums