Username
Password
Politics News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 150.
08:06 AM on 01/21/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Its kinda scary how Obama is so close to being a dictator. You say one thing about him and even though the crowed loves it just because Obama doesn't like it the guy gets his mic cut and kicked off. Doesnt sound like democracy to me.....just sayin'

Government censorship, plain and simple. I understand what was said was beyond rude considering the event he was at, but the worst it does is make Lupe sound ignorant.

I suppose it could be spun that Lupe's words about the president had the potential to incite violence, but I wouldn't buy that, and I certainly don't believe the current excuse for why he was kicked off stage.

It was a private company putting on the show, not a government-sanctioned event, ya dumb dumbs.
08:11 AM on 01/21/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Someone will find a way to blame Bush
08:17 AM on 01/21/13
Youarcade
User Info.
Politics!
08:18 AM on 01/21/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Like I care what Lupe has to say about anything. He hot what he deserved. Who cares.
08:23 AM on 01/21/13
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Few things:

Like others have pointed out, booking Lupe in the first place was a dumb move. Secondly, StartUp RockOn is not affiliated with the U.S. government. The organizers (who are not government employees) may have kicked Lupe out because of his remarks but that does not equate to "government censorship". Obama didn't call them up and say, "Shut him up, quick!" and then drag him to a back alley and kill him (which would actually be closer in line to what a dictator would do).

So, it may be censorship on the part of the organizers yet it's obvious that Lupe agreed to the show to cause a stir. He knew the purpose of the show and his own stance. That aside, calling Obama a dictator shows how ignorant a person some people are. Despite all the faults and questionable policies any of our presidents have had, none of them come close to what an actual dictator is like.
08:23 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
A black man critical of Obama? RACIST!
A white pop punk kid from the suburbs saying something stupid once again? TROLL!
08:27 AM on 01/21/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
It was a private company putting on the show, not a government-sanctioned event, ya dumb dumbs.
Okay. I was wrong.
08:30 AM on 01/21/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Lupe has really fallen off in the past couple years
08:31 AM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Its kinda scary how Obama is so close to being a dictator. You say one thing about him and even though the crowed loves it just because Obama doesn't like it the guy gets his mic cut and kicked off. Doesnt sound like democracy to me.....just sayin'
08:32 AM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Isn't what's featured in the video (or some variant) part of the original song anyways? Odd to cut that off, if it's based on that.

That being said, from every interview I've watched and read, Lupe Fiasco's political views are about as sophisticated as a 12-year-old's. I'm sill perplexed as to why everyone on my news feed thinks this guy has some sort of "fresh" view rapping about politics.
Anyone who thinks 9/11 Truth is legit has the mind of a child.
08:35 AM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
No guys I'm pretty sure he got kicked off because we shouldn't have hip hop music representing America AMIRITE
08:41 AM on 01/21/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Few things:

Like others have pointed out, booking Lupe in the first place was a dumb move. Secondly, StartUp RockOn is not affiliated with the U.S. government. The organizers (who are not government employees) may have kicked Lupe out because of his remarks but that does not equate to "government censorship". Obama didn't call them up and say, "Shut him up, quick!" and then drag him to a back alley and kill him (which would actually be closer in line to what a dictator would do).

So, it may be censorship on the part of the organizers yet it's obvious that Lupe agreed to the show to cause a stir. He knew the purpose of the show and his own stance. That aside, calling Obama a dictator shows how ignorant a person some people are. Despite all the faults and questionable policies any of our presidents have had, none of them come close to what an actual dictator is like.

No. He was removed after playing the same song for over a half hour, and refusing to do anything else.
08:46 AM on 01/21/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
No guys I'm pretty sure he got kicked off because we shouldn't have hip hop music representing America AMIRITE
This was amazing.
08:49 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
No. He was removed after playing the same song for over a half hour, and refusing to do anything else.
It could easily be a combination of the two.

He was adding more and more controversial words to the same tune so that it would sink in and that he could express himself as long as he could, because the song was lyrically fitting and the timing was right.

Also, an event doesn't have to be "government sanctioned" for the organizers to be turned off by the content of a message, especially if he's emphasizing it and freestyling the rest.
08:49 AM on 01/21/13
ChaseTx
Lupe has really fallen off in the past couple years
F&L2 was solid. Preachy, but solid in terms of music and skill.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests