Username
Password
Politics News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 150.
12:05 PM on 01/21/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So who pulled him? Obama?

He answered your question, but the people hosting the event did.
12:07 PM on 01/21/13
just.Starla.
I put my bra on one boob at a time
User Info.
I'm just curious why he was invited to play this song in the first place if they knew he'd be performing it.
12:13 PM on 01/21/13
lidoscotty
Lido Beach / Scotty
User Info.
He answered your question, but the people hosting the event did.
Thank you!
12:40 PM on 01/21/13
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
The fact that you think there is an "Obama Patrol" on AP.net shows you're not to be taken seriously.

The proper terminology is "Bullshit Patrol", because honestly, the "dictator" rants are nothing more than bullshit.

Troll
12:42 PM on 01/21/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am not criticizing what Lupe did. That takes balls.

I am not criticizing what Obama's people did in pulling Lupe. If you booked talent to perform at YOUR party and they talked shit about you on stage, you wouldn't be very happy either.

However, it was pretty dumb of Obama's people to book Lupe if he was so vocally against Obama and his policies.

My two cents.

They pulled him after he repeatedly sang the SAME SONG for 30 minutes. If a promoter booked you, and you played the same song for 30 minutes, you'd get kicked off stage too. They said move on, or get off stage. He decided to get kicked off stage.

Just play your set, you're getting paid tons of money to be there. If you don't like Obama that's cool, either don't take the show, or put your political opinions aside and play a good show. He did neither.
01:39 PM on 01/21/13
leftapart
User Info.
Maybe I'm just too tired due to just waking up, but I don't understand this. Lupe is the headlining act for this 'Inaugural Celebration' but he then proceeds to 'call out' and criticize the President? Wha?
02:18 PM on 01/21/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
F&L2 was solid. Preachy, but solid in terms of music and skill.
I didn't even listen to it but I'll check it out
03:01 PM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Telling people what they could be more conscious about isn't really "preachy", imo...
03:29 PM on 01/21/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Its kinda scary how Obama is so close to being a dictator. You say one thing about him and even though the crowed loves it just because Obama doesn't like it the guy gets his mic cut and kicked off. Doesnt sound like democracy to me.....just sayin'

I know the place doesn't belong to Obama, but the event was meant for him. But say that it did belong to him. Let's put it in your perspective too:

Say you invited some guy who doesn't know you into your house/yard and perform a song or whatever, and ends up insulting you despite him being invited there. Are you gonna take that, or are gonna throw that bastard out?

I must imagine, you 'democracy' types would let the guy insult you on your stage in front of your friends/family because if you threw him out "just because you didn't like what he said", you must be a fucking dictator huh?

And for crying out loud, the U.S isn't a Democracy. We are a republic, based on the ideas of Democracy.
03:39 PM on 01/21/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Someone needs to look up what the term "dictatorship" really means and look to countries that have actually experienced that. Good God.

I hate when people throw that term around and take our country's freedoms for granted. Makes me want to ship them off to an actual autocractic society.
And the winners of this thread are...*drumroll*:

Qadriyyah and Dre Okorley

thx for playing everybody!
03:54 PM on 01/21/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
And the winners of this thread are...*drumroll*:

Qadriyyah and Dre Okorley

thx for playing everybody!
04:14 PM on 01/21/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Some of you people need a lesson in what a democracy is.

Democracy is almost quite simply "majority rule". As long as the majority agrees with it, almost anything goes.

Say there were 10 people in a democracy. If 9 of them agreed to deny the 10th person of their rights, then it goes because it's a democracy. Who's gonna stop them anyways? Democracy itself is quite superficial: popularity is the name of the game as it is for our govt. but sometimes it isn't and it really shouldn't be that way.

There's a reason why we have an "Electoral College" in the Constitution. The founding fathers feared that the people were too stupid to understand who would really be best suited for the Presidency. Because we have an Electoral College, and because we have Congress or anyone who represents multiple people, we are not a democracy.

This is, not, however, to discount the sheer importance and influence that democracy had on our government. But it should be known that the government is not just here to protect/unit the people and serve their will, it is also here to protect the people from themselves.

And somehow many of the same people who are calling Obama a dictator tried to defend George W. Bush's administration when they were secretly tracking and spying on people's cell phone conversations.
04:36 PM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Obama patrol in full effect again!
Yeah! Fuck people for supporting the Commander-In-Chief! How anti-American!
04:36 PM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Maybe I'm just too tired due to just waking up, but I don't understand this. Lupe is the headlining act for this 'Inaugural Celebration' but he then proceeds to 'call out' and criticize the President? Wha?
Lupe's gotta be edgy
04:40 PM on 01/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Someone will find a way to blame Bush
What happens in my mind every time someone says this

EDIT: Like how can you even say that?
Even after everyone hops on the Obama hate bandwagon with the mob mentality of a fucking game of Lemmings? Granted I think Bush-bashing is just as trite but really? Really?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests