Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
07:17 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
I will laugh if this is to record a new album, after slamming everyone earlier saying they will never do another album.

Edit: also am I the only one who thinks TPS is better than DCFC?
Of course it's subjective, but you must not understand good musicianship and songwriting if you think The Postal Service was/is better than Death Cab.

They put out one good album with a couple great tracks, I enjoyed it, and still listen to it. I'm excited for what 2013 holds.

However, there are single songs by DCFC that in of themselves are better than TPS as a whole. We are talking about a band of four extremely talented musicians who defined a genre compared to their singer's whimsical side project that happened to be pretty good.
09:39 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
i hate death cab. i love postal service. im pretty sure i understand good musicianship and songwriting. don't tell me otherwise. i look at postal service as a godsend considering the whole album was done by sending tracks back and forth via mail. i see that as way better than having four guys in a room together. it takes serious musicianship to pull off what postal service did.
I would be interested to know what other music you like. Chances are there isn't a lot of overlap between our tastes. Which is fine, by no means do I demand that everyone like Death Cab.

As a true fan of both projects, I strongly feel that there is no comparison to be made.

And let's be honest, Ben Gibbard thinks Death Cab is better than the Postal Service, and his opinion must count for something considering they are both his projects.

Also, The Postal Service live is an utter joke, however Death Cab holds beautiful chemistry on stage and they are able to project their music the way it was written. Remember that tour they did with an orchestra and sold out some of the most historic venues in the cities they performed? Pretty sure that trumps plugging in a laptop and seeing Ben dancing around like a drunken fool. To that point, I'm hoping if 2013 holds new TPS performances, that they employ proper musicians to perform their music more organically.

As far as production goes, by the way, is it not an impressive feat that Chris Walla is the band's producer - quite impressive considering their production quality is top notch in itself.

Just my opinion.
09:39 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
This is honestly one of the dumbest things I've seen posted on AP in a while.
Thank you.
10:32 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
What else is there to put on the deluxe reissue? The vinyl version of this has all the b-sides/covers.
I was wondering about this. I'm thinking new artwork, and one or two new tracks in addition to the b-sides/covers that not everyone has.
10:35 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
Vinylvinylvinylvinylvinyl
I'm sure it will be offered on vinyl, the original release is widely available, you can even get it at Urban Outfitters.
10:38 AM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
I'm hoping for a small tour to accompany the re-issue/Coachella news.
This.

Do you see them bringing along a couple additional musicians? - I can't see them performing it as a duo like their Bamboozle appearance, I'd be a lot more intrigued if they did more organic renditions of the songs.
04:17 PM on 01/21/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
If you think the "musicianship" on that Postal Service album even comes close to any Death Cab album you should turn off your computer and keep practicing that geetar.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos