SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
awesome.
08:05 AM on 01/21/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I will laugh if this is to record a new album, after slamming everyone earlier saying they will never do another album.

Edit: also am I the only one who thinks TPS is better than DCFC?
a lot of people think TPS is better than Death Cab. or at least better than a lot of Death Cab albums. I'd probably put it behind Transatlanticism and maybe Plans but that's it.
08:10 AM on 01/21/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I didn't think it was it possible, but I guess anything is possible given BG's state of depression.
state of depression?
08:37 AM on 01/21/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
my friend just gave me TPS album on vinyl for my birthday the other day. this would be fantastic if there was a reunion, or more amazing, a new record. I've felt DCFC has gone downhill more and more.
I just got it on vinyl too, it's awesome.
08:54 AM on 01/21/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Just gonna be a load of disappointment because AP is just a huge hype machine
yeah, what?
11:12 AM on 01/21/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Come to the UK with this please, would love to see this album in full
backed.
12:52 AM on 01/22/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Anyone who thinks Postal Service is better song writing than the work he does with Death Cab obviously hasn't listened to the song "Styrofoam Plates"
I'd take at least four songs on Give Up over "Styrofoam Plates" and that's my favourite track on The Photo Album.
01:55 AM on 01/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Any pothead can make any kind of music. It's about making good music. People that look down on electronic music just come across as dumb.
08:25 AM on 01/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Just because someone doesn't agree with your taste doesn't make them dumb. My opinion is electronic music is garbage. It's like playing with LEGOS when you could be erecting skyscrapers. Metaphors are fun.
your first sentence is correct. the rest makes you dumb.
11:18 AM on 01/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Whoa there big guy. Your opinion is not universal and my disagreeing with you hardly makes me an idiot. I might have harshly generalized electro music with my statement, but it pissed me off that someone would say one album trumps an extremely talented band's entire discography. I definitely think anyone can make electronic music. All you need is a concept of time signatures and a computer. That doesn't mean it will be good electronic music. Not everyone can play guitar, sing, write lyrics or play live.
anyone can play guitar, sing, write lyrics and play live. that doesn't mean they will be good.
12:25 PM on 01/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
No. Everyone can not do those things.
I'd say it's about the same amount of people that can make electronic music, probably more.
12:37 PM on 01/23/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I get what you're saying, but they are two entirely different animals. Playing guitar requires you to play on time while counting, hitting every note evenly, dictating vibrato with your fingers, harmonics, etc. All I was saying is anyone can walk up to a computer, take 5 min to learn the fundamentals of the software and churn out a "song," perfectly on time with perfect pitch. I'd say most people who write or play an instrument aren't very good.
That just makes it seem like your standards for playing guitar are much higher than your standards are for being able to create electronic music. Anyone can make a few bleeps and bloops just like anyone can make a strummed mess on a guitar. It takes time and talent with both to make anything worthwhile.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos