Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
01:49 PM on 01/21/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
Work environment etiquette 101: DO not reveal your political or religious views while at work.
05:27 AM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
I now live in Katy, TX, an upper class suburb of Houston, TX. Coming from California, where everything was very PC at work, where we would have a "holiday" party during the last week of December. Here in TX, I'm at a huge engineering company where Christmas is said outright, and every Monday there is voluntary Bible study meetings during lunch.

I guess it just depends on where in the country you're located.
05:37 AM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
who gives a fuck if you're "christian-owned"?!
discrimination is discrimination
shut that hell-hole down!
That's not discrimination, in any professional comapany's employee policy and procedures, there is something stating that you should keep your beliefs, whether it be religious or policital, to yourself.

If you don't, you can get fired for it, plain and simple.

Now if the person was fired because of race or gender, then someone can claim discrimination.
05:58 AM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
I agree, at my previous job we couldn't wear anything that would draw attention to ourselves. Like neon colors, shirts with messages on them, etc.

Still, they should have just given him a slap on the wrist. Because this makes it look like they hate gays.
They were making an example, probably.

On the flip side, I worked at another engineering company where we didn't acknowledge ANY holidays, whether they be national or religious, which sucked balls by the way.
01:07 PM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
So you didn't read up on any of this ...
Regardless of the guy's motives or whatever you want to call it, you don't express those types of views at work, period. If you want to protest, don't do it at your own work place, while you're working!

That's just ignorance, on both parties.
01:19 PM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
You don't express equality at work period? Really? Those types of views? Really? That's a protest? Really?

Alright, how about have EOE's start to include gay people, we all know companies do this, maybe that way someone won't have to express their political views.

Everyone who has ever worked in a professional environment knows that you do NOT say or do anything controversial in the workplace. This type of stunt is included.
01:49 PM on 01/22/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
Is this English?

This shouldn't be controversial. It should be controversial to hold the opposite view of inequality.
How sheltered are you? You do realize that if someone at a company with a professional atmosphere chooses to celebrate Christmas, they will get in trouble? It isn't just about gay right or anything like that. You could get fired for boasting about your religion just the same as you would be fired for putting down another religion.

Protesting, whatever the medium, is not acceptable at work, why is that so hard to understand? Yes, wearing a T-shirt supporting gay marraige, at a Christian centered company would qualify as protesting.
05:44 AM on 01/23/13
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
User Info.
How ignorant are you?

Oh god. No they don't.

This is about gay rights.

Source?

Because this isn't protesting, and should be acceptable.

Based upon what? The assumption that all Christian centered companies hate gay marriage?

Have you ever worked in a professional office environment? As for my "source", look in any companies policies and procedures, everything is clearly laid out regarding religion or politics in the workplace.

And yes, you can get in trouble for celebrating Christmas at certain companies. At one of my last engineering jobs, Christmas was coming around, and every year we have a "Holiday Party". Well, one of the department leads decided that he wanted to make flyers promoting the "Christmas Party", he was warned to replace Christmas with Holiday because the Christian holiday could offend some people.

If you don't work first hand in these types of places, don't speak on anything.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests