Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51
08:26 AM on 03/07/08
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Then what is the point to cover there song or call it a cover, if no one has ever heard of it?
Touché.
08:57 AM on 03/07/08
i like guitars
Hey, i have a penis
User Info.
this band sucks cock i just listened to some of their music
09:06 AM on 03/07/08
Jaynicgurl
Free Flow Jazz Odyssey Enthusiast
User Info.
Not true. Danny's posted here since January '05. We don't cover bands based on whether or not they have AP.net users in them. They're managed by a big management company (who also managed Name Taken, coincidentally), have a publicist, and are signed. We'd be covering them anyway; is it an advantage that one of the members posts here? Eh, maybe. But we're certainly not covering his band simply because he posts here.

No, it's not.

Not true.

I do too. AP.net should be a place where band members can post (and many do) right alongside our users. That's part of the reasons we're doing so many band chats. There's no shame in posting here; bands should want to connect to their fans in the first place, and if they use AP.net to do it, all the better.
Nicely put. =)

i believe the truth is this- National Product was caught practicing a song which former Name Taken members heard from up the river bed, so technically its called stealing. but covering it a nice way to put it... for Name Taken sake haha

Noooo, I'm pretty sure NT does know they are doing the song, hence what Danny said in his post on the Thread about NP covering Smashing Pumpkins a couple of days ago:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=300686

Quote:
we have another coming very soon from a band who broke up, had alot of unreleased material but never released it. they are from close by to us....i cant tell you their name hehe, but i will tell when we will be taken the time to make sure its super bomb for you =)

the singer may even come rock it with us at a show... =)
10:18 AM on 03/07/08
oh_heykate.
bring back the city skyline.
User Info.
I meant the 'hyper' part. And it was just a joke anyways, no need to take what he said seriously.
10:49 AM on 03/07/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
this band sucks cock i just listened to some of their music

hahaha people in glass houses dude....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=6391916

here is his band everyone...

I just finally got to our hotel and saw this bulliten, which btw, i did not submit for...i wont clarify whats going on just yet, but I did want to say that i come to AP.net because I love it, and my motivation is not to hype my band, i think we all know myspace did that enough. i genuinely love the community here, the shit talkers like the kid above, the lovers like the girl under this one, the staff who rules because they are well versed in all of this and the indifferent kids who come to find themselves a place to call home and maybe fall in love with a few new bands. xoxo
11:14 AM on 03/07/08
tragedyco
User Info.
just to point it out... i saw National Product play a few years ago in Hollywood and they were a total screamo eyeliner makeup band. I think its hilarious that they're riding the new pop-rock emo train these days.
11:25 AM on 03/07/08
SwallowMyWords
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they don't record it, and don't claim that they wrote it and not Name Taken, then how is it stealing?
Unless I am very sadly mistaken, simply performing the song live would be covering it.
the point of covering a song is to play a song that EVERYONE KNOWS or at least your crowd along with yourself. if NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD THE SONG BEFORE, SINCE NAME TAKEN NEVER RELEASED IT OR PLAYED IT LIVE.... why is that a good idea for a cover song? i would understand if they were to cover "CONTROL", "PANIC", OR "COVER UP" ETC but defeats the purpose of a COVER if you were to play song NOBODY has ever heard, including fans of the original band**
but to let national product know, i am a fan of you guys. saw you guys play i want to say 4 or 5 years ago at the tiniest club in LA.. the Cobalt Cafe hahah wow.
12:08 PM on 03/07/08
cenagirl13
Raychel!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i looooveee national product!! but i wont be able to see them because there coming no where near maryland
12:30 PM on 03/07/08
CLoach
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hahaha people in glass houses dude....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=6391916

here is his band everyone...

I just finally got to our hotel and saw this bulliten, which btw, i did not submit for...i wont clarify whats going on just yet, but I did want to say that i come to AP.net because I love it, and my motivation is not to hype my band, i think we all know myspace did that enough. i genuinely love the community here, the shit talkers like the kid above, the lovers like the girl under this one, the staff who rules because they are well versed in all of this and the indifferent kids who come to find themselves a place to call home and maybe fall in love with a few new bands. xoxo

Danny you rule! NP is one of the hardest working bands I've seen. Respek!
12:33 PM on 03/07/08
CLoach
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just to point it out... i saw National Product play a few years ago in Hollywood and they were a total screamo eyeliner makeup band. I think its hilarious that they're riding the new pop-rock emo train these days.

i've seen them play tiny rec halls for years. they were never "a total screamo eyeliner makeup band". maybe eyeliner but is it really THAT big of a deal what the dudes look like? come on people...
01:40 PM on 03/07/08
Jaynicgurl
User Info.
Wow, I don't know if we are talking the same National Product here, but they were never a "screamo band". Sure, they wore a little eyeliner here and there way back in the day, but does that really matter or effect the music?? As for the screamo part, they always had different inspirations in their music,. So to put them in that category is totally unfair.

As someone who has seen NP grow over the years, they are not at all riding any trend or "train", they are doing music that they love. I know them well enough to know they are going to do what they want to do, and they have worked so hard to get where they are now. Sure, their sound has changed, but what band (who has been around for 10 or 11 years like NP) hasn't? It's called growth and experience. Besides, is it really healthy for a band to sound the same all these years? They got to branch out. Especially with Danny who absolutely LOVES music, all kinds of music. He sure can make a party mix. ;)

Don't take this post as an attack, I got nothing but love, but I just feel you misunderstood them since it was years ago that you last saw them.
01:45 PM on 03/07/08
roflcopter
oh sweet chemical predicament.
User Info.
I just recently got into NP. Good stuff.
02:00 PM on 03/07/08
tragedyco
User Info.
Wow, I don't know if we are talking the same National Product here, but they were never a "screamo band". Sure, they wore a little eyeliner here and there way back in the day, but does that really matter or effect the music?? As for the screamo part, they always had different inspirations in their music,. So to put them in that category is totally unfair.

As someone who has seen NP grow over the years, they are not at all riding any trend or "train", they are doing music that they love. I know them well enough to know they are going to do what they want to do, and they have worked so hard to get where they are now. Sure, their sound has changed, but what band (who has been around for 10 or 11 years like NP) hasn't? It's called growth and experience. Besides, is it really healthy for a band to sound the same all these years? They got to branch out. Especially with Danny who absolutely LOVES music, all kinds of music. He sure can make a party mix. ;)

Don't take this post as an attack, I got nothing but love, but I just feel you misunderstood them since it was years ago that you last saw them.

eh, i remember it being very screamo/numetal-ish. Regardless, i have no beef with bands evolving... just like to see bands evolve into something fresh and new (or at least attempt to). Either way, i like how this Danny dude has Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in his top 5 records, good call.
03:12 PM on 03/07/08
Jaynicgurl
User Info.
eh, i remember it being very screamo/numetal-ish. Regardless, i have no beef with bands evolving... just like to see bands evolve into something fresh and new (or at least attempt to). Either way, i like how this Danny dude has Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in his top 5 records, good call.

It's all good. And it was years ago, so I got nothing against you, haha. =)
03:43 PM on 03/07/08
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
This has even less of a point than regular covers.

Leave the song to Name Taken, if they ever decide to return. They were a damn good band. National Product is a mediocre-to-bad band, and if no one has really heard the Name Taken song it just feels kinda wrong to me.

I wouldn't care, but it's just disappointing to hear this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos