Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 68
10:15 AM on 01/22/13
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
The more I see 10th anniversaries for albums I grew up with the older I feel...
10:34 AM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I doubt it is reissue of the vinyl cause I believe that still has an on-going pressing
10:47 AM on 01/22/13
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
For the tour, I was predicting it to be a double anniversary tour. Sometime in late November or late December, some of the members of Yellowcard met with some of the members of Story of the Year. I was thinking about cool it'd be if they did a co-headline anniversary tour. Ocean Avenue and Page Avenue are both ten years old this year. They could call it "The Avenue Anniversary Tour". Done.
yeah that's what everyone has been saying lately. if it happens, i'd do anything to see one show
10:48 AM on 01/22/13
claw1400
I want this to be my awakening
User Info.
I would put all the money I have on them NOT bringing back Ben Harper. I wouldn't get your hopes up, guys. Mendez is twice the guitarist Harper was anyway.. I'd rather see them re-record Ocean Avenue with Mendez so he could put his feel into every song, even though, originally I was against the idea of a re-record. And agreed with some of the people who said it, they're NOT going to re-press it on vinyl. When Hopeless signed the band in 2010, they released all of their albums on vinyl. Shop Radio Cast released a One For The Kids gatefold on three colored vinyls.
11:07 AM on 01/22/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I want YC to do a longer encore so I'm not really into the co-headline idea, but I'd love separate tours.
11:35 AM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I don't even know what "much more than a tour" *could* be, let alone what it will end up as.
As long as there's a tour though, I'm good.
12:39 PM on 01/22/13
permanentdan
User Info.
A tour or set of dates that will be recorded for a live dvd(that may feature reunion spots), along with a re-release of the album packaged with additional songs/acoustic versions
12:55 PM on 01/22/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
"Ocean Avenue" vinyl, + touring with Pete on bass, and while we're at it, them playing a Laguna Beach reunion show.
01:51 PM on 01/22/13
..jake
oh yeaaaaaaah
User Info.
It's crazy that it's been ten years. I'm sure whatever they have planned will be great.
01:57 PM on 01/22/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
It's definitely an acoustic version of the album. Remember the photo tweeted out back in like October of them back in the studio with the board full of check marks?
02:07 PM on 01/22/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
on location at ocean avenue.

No protection.
BYOL
(bring your own lube)
12:03 AM on 01/23/13
earthtonicolee
User Info.
i think they're doing either an acoustic OA album, re-releasing a vinyl, or working on some sort of video thing, plus a tour. the video is kind of unlikely. i think it's going to be the acoustic album though.
12:06 AM on 01/23/13
earthtonicolee
User Info.
I would put all the money I have on them NOT bringing back Ben Harper. I wouldn't get your hopes up, guys. Mendez is twice the guitarist Harper was anyway.. I'd rather see them re-record Ocean Avenue with Mendez so he could put his feel into every song, even though, originally I was against the idea of a re-record. And agreed with some of the people who said it, they're NOT going to re-press it on vinyl. When Hopeless signed the band in 2010, they released all of their albums on vinyl. Shop Radio Cast released a One For The Kids gatefold on three colored vinyls.

i agree. i highly doubt they're going to bring ben or pete back, just due to the fact that i think there were harsh feelings when both left the band.
03:21 AM on 01/23/13
rickman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spoke to Ryan Key and the guys in Chicago on their last tour. Ryan then said it would be something much more special than just a 10-year anniversary tour. On top of that, he said that YC would be touring all through-out 2013, and that a YC album with new material wouldn't be likely in 2013, but would be much more likely in 2014. What with getting WYTTSY and Southern Air in the last couple years, that's understandable. But true, this doesn't explain what the picture of them in the studio was a little while ago. I'd believe a re-recording or some kind of rendition of OA. As for the something special, I'd love for Pete Mosely to come back on bass, and as much as I liked Ben Harper, I'd still honestly rather have Ryan Mendez around. Either which way, more Yellowcard surprises is fine with me.
09:41 AM on 01/23/13
emptyxapartment
User Info.
At the Toronto date of the tour they said they were going to release an Ocean Avenue movie scored by Sean Mackin for the 10th anniversary.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos