Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 130
06:57 PM on 01/22/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Just want to make clear: Springsteen did not lip synch.
The rest of the band was playback though because of the shitty conditions that they have for setting up during halftime.
And that's why halftime shows are not something to look forward to.
07:18 PM on 01/22/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
I like you. You always have smart things to say.

It's funny cause when I saw you quoted me, I said in my head, "I like you, person." So yeah, you too. I also like Philly and Beyonce so lets be friends.
07:25 PM on 01/22/13
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Who the fuck cares? The best National Anthem performance of all time (Whitney Houston at the 1991 Super Bowl) was lip-synched.

Btw, Kelly did sound amazing, as always.
07:42 PM on 01/22/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
It's funny cause when I saw you quoted me, I said in my head, "I like you, person." So yeah, you too. I also like Philly and Beyonce so lets be friends.
08:12 PM on 01/22/13
megnla
My brain is 70% music lyrics
User Info.
All Superbowl performances are lypsynced... Even Bruce Springstean did it.
That's not true. Kelly did it live just last year.
08:50 PM on 01/22/13
streetcar
User Info.
Everything was pre recorded. The pictures are of her recording it just in case something goes wrong. People need to learn how to read. There isnt one credible source saying she was lip syncing. This was taken from a crummy source then used by other outlets.
09:00 PM on 01/22/13
Ryan Dennehy
And I'll play the other side of the situation. It comes across really impersonal and tacky to be performing as an ARTIST on arguably one of the biggest stages, let alone, representing our country. I mean she could have gotten sick or just not been up to it, which should all be taken in to account, but if you can't perform live and their are others that can do it, she should have stepped off. Especially when Kelly Clarkson shows you up.
why does performing it live matter? it won't sound better; i can't imagine beyonce being able to top that recording anyway. it was incredible no matter where it was sung.

it also isn't like it was a secret she had this recorded. and YoYo Ma did it too, four years ago.
09:15 PM on 01/22/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I just heard from my roommate that YoYo Ma did it too, crazy the things they have these people do for these events.
11:32 PM on 01/22/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
why does performing it live matter? it won't sound better; i can't imagine beyonce being able to top that recording anyway. it was incredible no matter where it was sung.

Sad to see this and other similar opinions written on a music website.
It's not supposed to sound "better", it's supposed to actually happen.

If you're going to say that performing live doesn't matter, then why not just play the song without pretending to sing it?
01:11 AM on 01/23/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
i am ok with this. presidential inauguration is pretty much the pinnacle of national anthem singing. there's actual meaning behind it at this point, unlike during professional sports. it should be a notable performance yet nothing should occur that takes the spotlight away from the reason its being sung. if you need to record a perfect track and then sync with it so the audience is none the wiser then so be it.

its a shame that the media is making a huge deal about it.

Ashlee simpson got hammered. I don't why Beyoncé shouldn't
01:12 AM on 01/23/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
i like beyonce a lot but lol at the people saying "it's okay she did it, i know she can sing" but if it was someone you don't personally like you would have given them so much shit

Exactly. Like I said above. She's getting off easy cause she's a cool chick
04:23 AM on 01/23/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Ashlee simpson got hammered. I don't why Beyoncé shouldn't

I think there are a few factors. Most never really considered Ashlee a vocal talent. She was popular at that time, but she hadn't proved herself as a singer. Many know Beyonce has vocal talent, and is known for it. Secondly, Ashlee was caught in an embarrassing situation. If it had gone smoothly, I doubt as many people would've cared. If Beyonce's track had skipped and she just stood there awkwardly and then did a weird dance thing, she would be a meme already. Also, Ashlee was a douche about it and blamed everyone but herself. She threw a couple people under the bus, including her own band, and it made her come off pretty bad. Then, when she had her Orange Bowl (I think) performance to redeem herself, most people considered her performance terrible and that didn't help.
06:35 AM on 01/23/13
Fuck You Aurora
Party Freaking Hardy !
User Info.
I find this to be funny. If you are going to sing the National Anthem singing it. Seriously, Whats the point if you really aren't gonna sing it. It's embarassing to tell you the truth. Maybe I'm being biased because I can't stand Beyonce.
06:55 AM on 01/23/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find this to be funny. If you are going to sing the National Anthem singing it. Seriously, Whats the point if you really aren't gonna sing it. It's embarassing to tell you the truth. Maybe I'm being biased because I can't stand Beyonce.

The point is so nothing goes wrong.

Everyone is seriously overreacting. Most televised performances like this are prerecorded; why the fuck does it make any difference? It doesn't.
08:09 AM on 01/23/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
All Superbowl performances are lypsynced... Even Bruce Springstean did it.
springsteen really sang but all the instruments were prerecorded. the cab mics and drum mics are there for "show"

and you know what fuck it, i'd rather sing the national anthem and fail or have equipment fail then to take the safe way out and pre-record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos