Username
Password

02:07 PM on 06/19/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
This is my least favorite TDS record. Don't by any means think it's bad, but I think it's their weakest release. Gonna write up a First Impression on it for POZ.
09:01 PM on 06/23/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
Wrote my thoughts on the record here: http://propertyofzack.com/post/53730...ex-correia-the
09:11 PM on 06/23/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
Huh, interesting opinion - very different than what Keagan and Craig have been saying

I agree and disagree with different parts of their opinions. I hope a lot more people love this record than dislike it. At the end of the day, it just is there for me. I'd reach for either of their two other albums instead before this one.
09:32 PM on 06/23/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
I feel like their problem is they always headline tours and never open for bigger acts. CIWWAF or whatever is not big.
It's interesting to me that they opened for CIWWAF in a 250 cap in NYC but are headlining a ~500 cap venue in NYC in August.
12:24 PM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
I hope I'm the odd one out with this record. I keep listening and keep hoping to be hit by it emotionally and in just a simple way where I think the record is great.
10:07 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
Spent some of yesterday walking around town listening to this. Thoughts:

1) The band's biggest problem is monotony ... their songs just all sound very similar ... you can appear anywhere on the album and not know where you are because there's a lack of differentiation within the songs. This isn't that much of a detriment in its own, cause the songs are good ... but when we've had 3 albums and 2 eps of the same stuff ... I would prefer they mix it up a little bit -- I think a different producer would help.

2) AJ's voice sounds like he's been drinking and smoking too much.

3) The "speaking through" a line (compared to opening up and singing) I noticed more than usual.

4) The sequencing is off ... the album is back-heavy.

5) This is my least favorite album by them after ~10 listens. Going back to the earlier EPs I think they should more inventiveness in their song structures and the melody.

6) AJ should get as much credit as Soupy does for relatable lyrics.

7) "Knives" is the best song Manchester Orchestra never wrote.

Agreed on all fronts.
11:32 AM on 07/09/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
Just made me laugh that AJ said fuck the dudes who get paid in New York to write songs, but he tweets once a week when he's home about band's being able to pay him to write and sing on their songs.

He's a drug dealer though, not a junkie.
02:51 PM on 08/07/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
I still think Brand New's The Devil an God has awful sequencing. Album should have begun with Bangkok

Unsure if you're trolling or not.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version