Username
Password

01:02 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Thought they improved a lot on the second album and ended up really liking it so I'm excited.
05:56 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Dig the shit out of that song. Made me more excited for this record. Also I'm pretty impressed with his vocals there.
12:57 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm hoping this one doesn't kind of wither in the second half like the last two have.
09:31 AM on 06/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I always thought War Paint was a considerable step up for them. Hopefully this is another one.
06:48 AM on 06/19/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I think "Drowning" is going to be an AP.net favorite, musically it sounds like it could have been on TDAG.
You're getting me pretty hyped, haha.
06:55 AM on 06/19/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Knives sounds like a TDAG song too. Obviously this should be taken with a grain of salt because no one is Brand New, but Jesse could be singing on these and I don't think anyone would know the difference.

Also, there's backing vocals on tracks. Just your oh's and whatnot, but they make the songs a lot deeper.
Yeah, I just really dig the sound of DAG musically so its exciting to hear, haha. Looking forwards to hearing your thoughts on the lyrics since theyre usually what makes this band for me.
11:34 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I remember Jason saying that too, haha.
08:50 PM on 06/29/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
As much as I want to hear music from a lot of bands, I still never will anything to leak. I'll just wait a while, haha.
06:21 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Also, releasing "Sins" as the next single is kind of stupid. That song is probably the thing from this album that sticks out the least from what they've done in the past. I like it fine, but there are way more impressive songs here.
That's probably why they're doing it. A safe choice..
02:34 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I thought it sounded a bit weak on Catholic Girls. Not too thrilled to hear the whole record sounds like that.
10:03 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Is it that dumb to make assumptions about an album based on things said by people who have heard it?
10:15 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Not at all. It depends on what they are basing it off of - opinions or facts. People's opinions on the album and whether it's better or worse than previous material should be taken with a grain of salt because everyone has different tastes and preferred style. Information such as the superior drum work, guitar playing, darker vibe, AJ's much grittier vocals and stuff like that are simply facts about the new album and based on those, people are just kind of assuming how they're going to perceive it. It's all in the name of anticipation - I'm sure nobody is going to just completely write off the album based on other people's opinion without giving it a fair listen once it's released.
exactly.
04:45 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
War Paint's like the same album but better imo. Well slightly evolved.
11:04 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I think both of their albums are top heavy.
09:48 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
If War Paint is front heavy, then RFTS is DEFINITELY back heavy. The second half of that album is flawless. The first half is great, but definitely blends together a bit more.
I've never been able to get into the back half. I usually get bored after The Permanent Rain. First few songs are all excellent though, Where I Want to Be is my favourite song they've ever put out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos