Username
Password

11:08 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Now I'm confused. A month or so ago you were talking to him in some thread in a friendly manner asking him to send you the new album and now you're bashing him. Pick a side, man. Haha.
I think we have different views of the term "friendly" -- the thread I'm assuming you're talking about was the one where I said the new songs I heard weren't anything special. I don't know what's confusing, my stance on him - as a person - has been pretty clear for a long time.
11:11 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I think we have different views of the term "friendly" -- the thread I'm assuming you're talking about was the one where I said the new songs I heard weren't anything special. I don't know what's confusing -- he's not a good person.

The thread I'm talking about is where you said that you heard a few songs from the record and stated that the band "does what they do better than any other band doing it." Then you asked Cody to send you the rest of the album and you'd live blog you're first listen. Not trying to call you out, it just sounds slightly hypocritical.
11:13 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
The thread I'm talking about is where you said that you heard a few songs from the record and stated that the band "does what they do better than any other band doing it." Then you asked Cody to send you the rest of the album and you'd live blog you're first listen. Not trying to call you out, it just sounds slightly hypocritical.
The band doesn't do what they do better than any other band doing it ... that doesn't sound like me. Don't recall saying that ... maybe I did, but I don't feel that way now.

I did say that ... cause I wanted to live blog the first listen. Not sure how that's hypocritical.
11:19 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
The band doesn't do what they do better than any other band doing it ... that doesn't sound like me.

I did say that ... cause I wanted to live blog the first listen. Not sure how that's hypocritical.

The direct quote was "What I've heard I'd say the band does what they're doing better than any other band doing it. They know their sound and write some fucking great songs in that realm." I literally have it screen-capped on my phone if you want to see it. Maybe you were drunk, haha.
11:25 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
The direct quote was "What I've heard I'd say the band does what they're doing better than any other band doing it. They know their sound and write some fucking great songs in that realm." I literally have it screen-capped on my phone if you want to see it. Maybe you were drunk, haha.
Probably, weird. Don't recall that.

They do write some good songs, that part I agree with. I just think the guitarist is not a good person and their albums/songs are all starting to sound the same to me.
11:33 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm really hoping for a record that's going to wrap up my Summer as a whole before I head back to college. I want this to be sort of the ribbon that finishes a packaged gift, aka, my incredible Summer I've had so far. Here's to hoping this record can be that.
11:34 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I remember Jason saying that too, haha.
11:42 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
Belmont, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
Yep. As do I.

At this point I really don't care much about the drama surrounding the band, as horrible as that may be of me. I just want to hear the record.
11:44 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I pretty much stopped caring about what band members do in their personal lives. I was one of those dorks that would call Cody an asshole on twitter, it's just stupid in the end. Better to ignore it, haha.
11:44 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
Yep. As do I.

At this point I really don't care much about the drama surrounding the band, as horrible as that may be of me. I just want to hear the record.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
11:46 AM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I'm really hoping for a record that's going to wrap up my Summer as a whole before I head back to college. I want this to be sort of the ribbon that finishes a packaged gift, aka, my incredible Summer I've had so far. Here's to hoping this record can be that.

I think you're going to get exactly what you're hoping for then. There are some lyrics on this thing that are just made for the last nights of summer. Particularly in "Miles Apart" and "Anchor."
12:00 PM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
I think you're going to get exactly what you're hoping for then. There are some lyrics on this thing that are just made for the last nights of summer. Particularly in "Miles Apart" and "Anchor."

Great to hear. For me as I get older I'm realizing what makes a record partially great to me is it's relatability to me at the time of hearing it. The Dangerous Summer haven't failed at that yet with their two full lengths thus far. I have a lot of faith in these guys.
12:10 PM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Great to hear. For me as I get older I'm realizing what makes a record partially great to me is it's relatability to me at the time of hearing it. The Dangerous Summer haven't failed at that yet with their two full lengths thus far. I have a lot of faith in these guys.

I'm definitely the same way. War Paint hit me at the perfect time two years ago, and was my absolute summer soundtrack that year.
12:24 PM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
Zack Zarrillo
NYC
Male - 21 Years Old
Verified
I hope I'm the odd one out with this record. I keep listening and keep hoping to be hit by it emotionally and in just a simple way where I think the record is great.
12:24 PM on 06/24/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm definitely the same way. War Paint hit me at the perfect time two years ago, and was my absolute summer soundtrack that year.

I'll never forget coming home from playing a show and having all my band mates huddled around my computer cranking our first listen of War Paint. What a gigantic way for a record to begin with that driving chord progression and cymbals ringing out for what feels like days. Damn, what a great record. "Everyone Left" is possibly my favorite track they've written in their career.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos