Username
Password

02:19 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
Belmont, NC
Male - 21 Years Old
I listened to nothing but Frayed In Doubt and the old version of Close To You before that came out. It was torture, it seemed like every day they released a new song that I wasn't letting myself listen to.
I kinda wished I wouldn't have listened to them... Pretty sure I ended up listening to all but the title track. I'm glad Close To You at least was changed up on record. I know some people didn't like the changes made, but I was fine with them.
03:10 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I kinda wished I wouldn't have listened to them... Pretty sure I ended up listening to all but the title track. I'm glad Close To You at least was changed up on record. I know some people didn't like the changes made, but I was fine with them.
new Close to You is 1000000 times better haha. I was actually even more excited when I heard the record version after having the old one for so long.

Bands release way too many songs before the record nowadays.... sometimes it's way too hard to control yourself.
03:11 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
How many times has cwhit been banned? I think Drew banned him once for making remarks about his favorite sports team.
yep, he told drew to suck it or something like that when they lost as a deliberate bait, and was totally unrepetant for being little snot about it when i talked to him about it later on
03:19 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
new Close to You is 1000000 times better haha. I was actually even more excited when I heard the record version after having the old one for so long.

Bands release way too many songs before the record nowadays.... sometimes it's way too hard to control yourself.

Exact reason why I truly believe anything more than a month of promotion for an album is ridiculous. Frank Ocean gets it. Justin Timberlake gets it. Kanye gets it. Put the music out there as soon as it's done.
04:21 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Greg
Exact reason why I truly believe anything more than a month of promotion for an album is ridiculous. Frank Ocean gets it. Justin Timberlake gets it. Kanye gets it. Put the music out there as soon as it's done.

That would be awesome if that became a standard of sorts.

I wonder if there is anyway to show the success of albums released that way vs albums that are promoted forever.

People at Kanye's level would be hard to compare to TDS and the likes.
04:27 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny

Makes me think of The National this year. I hadn't heard anything about anything and then one day I see them tweet essentially, "Hey, new album in a month lol."
04:28 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Didn't cwhit leak something a while back?
05:02 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
That would be awesome if that became a standard of sorts.

I wonder if there is anyway to show the success of albums released that way vs albums that are promoted forever.

People at Kanye's level would be hard to compare to TDS and the likes.

I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I honestly think that any artist or band would benefit from finishing an album, announcing it with a single and releasing it 3-4 weeks later. People have short attention spans these days - when an album is first announced, everyone is stoked on it, but the more time that passes, the casual listener just kind of forgets about it. The sooner you get your album out there, the easier it is for someone to check it out. I'm sure smaller bands aren't really concerned with first week sales and are more focused on the longevity of the record and how much it'll sell over an extended period of time. And the sooner it is available to the public, the more people will pay attention to it. I used to work at FYE, and for the five years I worked there, constantly people would come in asking for an album because their friend just showed them a song or they heard it on the radio or something, and I have to tell them that the album doesn't come out for another month and lose a sale because of it. They're just going to continue listening to that song, overplay it, and most likely grow sick of it by the time the actual album comes out. The sooner it's out there the better, I think. That way people can buy it as soon as possible. And when it comes to the more-than-casual listener, if they have to wait two months to hear an album, and it leaks a month into that wait, they're going to grow impatient, download the leak, and then toss it to the side for other music before it's even officially released. Just my opinion - maybe I'm missing something.
05:56 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
The tom and cymbal work on 'Catholic Girls' is so stellar, especially in the chorus. That drum arrangement is really impressive as is, but something about the type of cymbal being used really adds to it. I wish I wasn't so far removed from playing percussion in school, I might be able to tell.

I agree with this. I think the partially open hi-hat might be the cymbal sound you're talking about, but the whole part is fantastic. I like how it never settles into a beat where one cymbal or drum sticks with the eighth notes. The syncopation keeps the whole song on edge, and it's great.
07:24 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
does everyone have this? how hasn't it leaked?
07:32 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
I didn't realize so many people had heard this already. Guess I just assumed everyone would have heard it by now if more than a few had access to it.
08:14 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
does everyone have this? how hasn't it leaked?

Good people have it.
02:30 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Someone should send it to me so I can be a cool kid too
05:38 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Didn't cwhit leak something a while back?

I think he was linking people on Facebook to the new Wonder Years song. It was hosted on some tumblr account or something and it was supposed to premiere here.
05:39 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Also, releasing "Sins" as the next single is kind of stupid. That song is probably the thing from this album that sticks out the least from what they've done in the past. I like it fine, but there are way more impressive songs here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos