Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
05:42 PM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I can't stand their early works of this band but really loved Pioneer. They got their shit in gear and made a good album but it felt like just the begging. Anyone who wanted them to continue to keep making neon pop garbage won't be disappointed cause 100s of high school bands are doing that.
05:44 PM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Pioneer is only boring to those who don't like progression and have an unhealthy love for bubblegum pop and neon colors.
07:20 PM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Pioneer was atrociously boring in my opinion. I don't get how this site can be in love with The Summer Set (it made the most anticipated list for gods sake) but absolutely trash everything The Maine did before Pioneer. Honestly they were probably my favorite straight up pop band with The Way We Talk and CSWS. Don't have high hopes for this
If it is any correlation I have seen the summer set play live once and it nothing special and neither are their albums. I think they just wrote extremely generic stuff back in the day which honestly I guess was fun but never really stood out in the pool of pop rock bands do the scene thing. They are better off maturing and writing alt rock music these days. They are alienating their younger fan base but writing music with a lot more heart and depth. I think this band's best songs are still to come if they continue the route they are going because they are not limiting themselves and writing music they want. It is not the bubblegum pop some want but the sound they had on Pioneer has a much broader appeal.
05:04 AM on 01/23/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
The only thing they do with next album other than keep up the style is to have less creepy artwork.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests