AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
08:21 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
Daughters is about girls who put themselves to shame by letting their guard down. Not about every female in general. By the way, adultery/promiscuity, which are the themes in those songs, are choices. Homosexuality is not. Get real.
08:37 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
You're kidding, right? There's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity, and to shame people for it is incredibly fucked up. To shame promiscuous members of one gender, while leaving the other out of the picture, is what we call sexism.

If homosexuality was a choice, would it be wrong then?
Oh, I'm guessing you've never listened to any Taylor Swift song, ever.
09:00 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
It's weird how when speaking out against someone's homophobic or racist comments, it's encouraged and applauded. For example, when everyone trashed the For Today guy, and said it didn't matter how many good things he did or has done, the underlying intolerance meant we should continue to speak out against him. But when speaking out against sexism, you're met with groans, and pleas to "take it somewhere else, because they're doing a good thing!"

It's the same principle. You are free to applaud them for doing a good thing. I am happy they're switching venues. But that doesn't excuse their underlying intolerance and frankly disgusting attitude towards women.
Yes, I'm the sure the views expressed towards certain individual women, are at least an incredibly small margin of them in those songs are expressive of the entire female sex as a whole.
09:40 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
Wait, so they actually call girls who attend their shows sluts? I've never actually paid attention to this band before, even though they seem to have a large following on this site...
Personally in the shows I've seen both live and on video, I have not witnessed that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests