Username
Password

07:12 AM on 10/30/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
R.O.T.T.W.E.I.L.E.R. S.N.A.T.C.H.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Love the Cloverfield parody. Anything Randy does is gold. I thought the guinea monsters were a little much. They could've had a different type of creature attacking the city, but that's just me. I loved the boys in Peru though. Overall, it was a solid 2-parter, maybe 3-parter.
12:38 PM on 10/30/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I really hope this show starts making a comeback, because the first half of Season 12, and the last two episodes of season 11 were extremely sub-par. The Pandemic episodes were a pretty good way to maybe start this uphill slope again. Hopefully.
04:38 PM on 10/30/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
the last two episodes of season 11 was guitar hero and the list......the list has got to be a top 10 episode in my book, but thats just my opinion

Really? I personally thought both those episodes were terrible, save a few scenes. But it's your opinion, not gonna shoot that down.
04:43 PM on 10/30/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
well guitar hero was probably one of the most like cultural relevant episodes in a while (haha even though they're all culturally relevant).....but they nailed down the whole guitar hero fad down totally.

and I liked the list because it was one of the few random episodes they throw in a year...but just the whole idea of a secret group of girls making fake lists....haha and abe lincoln driving a honda was a nice litttle gag.

I think I might've liked them more, had they not been the last few episodes. Like if they ended season 11 with Imaginationland, that would've been way better, IMO. But yeah, the Abe Lincoln scene was entertaining as was the Thad playing acoustically scene/"I love this song" clap scene in Guitar Queer-o. I loved that.
07:27 PM on 10/30/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
out of pure boredum I was trying to figure out which season was the best (IMO of course)...and i figured out that Season 8 was the pinacle of greatness. I counted 9 solid to awesome episodes...but the pinacle of south park is easily between season 5-8...and I really think season 11 falls into the elite seasons.

Agreed. 8 and 9, I believe are their best two seasons, with 5 coming in third. IMO, of course.
07:12 PM on 11/05/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Holy shit. This episode is fucking remarkable so far. This is like Season 8, season 9 great.
07:25 PM on 11/05/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
That's a pretty sweet new font for the Hells Pass Hospital.
06:58 AM on 11/06/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
lol I thought that too. I was thinking maybe they made 2 episodes, 1 for each candidate and ran the one that won.

That's so crazy. They usually write the episode that previous week, don't they?
08:59 PM on 11/06/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
but im not as harsh on this season as most people....in fact this is the 5th episode of the year which i can call all-time great SP episodes.

If you're talking 5 all-time great South Park episodes this season, you're fucking nuts.
10:51 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I think the second half of this season has been relatively weak - especially the two-part pandemic episodes.

But the obama episode, "About last night..." was hilarious. Canada on Strike, Super Fun Thyme, and Overlogging were all really funny episodes too - classics, if you will.

About the second half of this season, where's cartman been? Except the breast cancer episode, cartman has pretty much been absent - could be the reason it hasn't been as great haha -

Gonna have to disagree. I believe the second half has been a lot better than the first, minus most of The China Problem. Pandemic was funny, besides the fact that the monsters were guinea pigs, and I also believe the Obama and breast cancer episodes were hilarious as well.

However, Canada On Strike, Super Fun Thyme, and Overlogging seemed all very sub-par to me, as did the last two episodes of season 11, Guitar Queer-O and The List. So I think that they're slowly making their way back uphill. I really hope so.
07:08 AM on 11/11/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
the best episodes come when they have no plan at all going into that week and just throw something together at the last minute. the first few episodes of each half season are usually a little clumsy. once they run out of ideas and just start bullshitting is when we get south park gold.

You, my friend, are a true fan, because you know when the show is at it's best. Haha. Like just look at Woodland Critter Christmas. They put that episode together in like 2 or 3 days, and now look at it. It's regarded as one of the best South Park episodes of all time.
11:36 AM on 11/11/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
i must agree with you both on this one. when you listen to the commentaries on the dvds, all the craziest things in that show, example being joke telling lions, they flat out say there was no reason for it, it was just the day before they told themselves "shit what else do we need? how about joke telling lions". crab people too

Have you ever watched the Woodland Critter Christmas commentary? It's so crazy because they honestly had writer's block for like 4 or 5 months. Haha. It was awesome that they can make something so good, with barely anything to go off of.
02:31 PM on 11/12/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
what can i say, ive wasted A LOT of time watching this show. its hard not to know things like that when you have no life haha

Yeah, it's my favorite show, hands down. I have all 12 seasons on dvd. I'm completely obsessed.
07:24 PM on 11/12/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey, God's your avatar!

Hell yeah, he is. Anybody watching the new episode? It's pretty good, but not great.
07:32 PM on 11/12/08 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
has anyone seen the episode where they like.. recreate Great Expectations?

Yeah, that's probably one of my least favorite episodes of the whole show. No offense.

Tonight's episode was amazing.

I wouldn't call it amazing. It was original, but it only had its moments. It was pretty good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos