Username
Password

12:20 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Simpsons were still going strong. They still aren't bad, but they just lack the wit and magic of the previous episodes.
12:20 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
That shit is awful. Bums me out even more

Not the actor, but the character haha.
12:23 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
All this talk of the Simpsons makes me glad I brought seasons 5-8 to my apartment haha.
12:24 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
very good, yeah. But you could start to see cracks in the foundation. Something that wasn't there in 3-9

True. I think I stopped watching the new episodes around 2004 or 2005. That's when it wasn't worth watching anymore for me.
12:25 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
yeah I mean the show didn't get terrible or anything. I can put on a new episode and laugh a few times. Just isn't the same at all
As for the Principal and the Pauper, I agree with what Harry Shearer (I believe) said. You spent 8 seasons developing these characters into people that the audience truly cares for. There's a Simpsons canon that millions of people followed. And then one episode you just throw it all away for a cheap plotline. Then ignore it by the end of the episode. It really cheated the audience. And I think that is when the Simpsons started to go down hill, becoming less heart and writing and more throw jokes at a wall and some will stick.
You pretty much nailed it on the head. After the episode, it really became about what outlandish situations the Simpsons or the other characters would go through next. Not to say later episodes weren't funny at times because they were, it just wasn't the same magic in the air like the early nine seasons. South Park kinda became the same way, it was a smart and funny show that became about satirizing whatever popular event was going on at the time whether it was funny or not. If anything, this episode is more or less writing on the wall to the future of the show. If it ends, I'll be bummed but at least I can look back on it as a great show that had it's low points but never failed to make me laugh.
05:41 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
Michigan
Male
I obviously haven't been paying much attention, because these rumors of SP ending or Trey leaving are new to me.

As for the episode, I would've enjoyed it more if I enjoyed scatological humor more.
06:03 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
x NIGHTMARE x
Great minds think alone.
Long Island,NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I thought this was one of the funnier episodes in a long long time. When Randy first listened to Tween Wave I nearly pissed my pants laughing. That was hilarious. But yeah, the end of episode was a little bit of a downer. Can South Park really end?
06:17 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Honestly, based off that ending, if the show DOESN'T end this season, I'll be a little disappointed.
06:39 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Are people really worried they're going to end the show? Stan now gets stories about his parents being divorced, we get Randy stories that aren't inhibited by Sharon (or even a family), we get to see how this burgeoning Cartman/Kyle friendship goes on with Cartman being a horrible person, etc., etc.

They're just setting up new stories, the status quo will return. It's just like when Kenny was dead for that season or two.
07:15 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Are people really worried they're going to end the show? Stan now gets stories about his parents being divorced, we get Randy stories that aren't inhibited by Sharon (or even a family), we get to see how this burgeoning Cartman/Kyle friendship goes on with Cartman being a horrible person, etc., etc.

They're just setting up new stories, the status quo will return. It's just like when Kenny was dead for that season or two.
I see what you're saying, but no episode has ever ended like that. Ever.
07:40 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I see what you're saying, but no episode has ever ended like that. Ever.

As a comic book fan, I take 'shake-ups' and 'status-quo changes' very lightly. Matt and Trey aren't stupid, if they were ending the show (or changing something profound and unfix-able) they would have made announcements or some kind of hubbub, not just had it come out of left field in the last 10 minutes of a mid-season finale.
07:54 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old

As a comic book fan, I take 'shake-ups' and 'status-quo changes' very lightly. Matt and Trey aren't stupid, if they were ending the show (or changing something profound and unfix-able) they would have made announcements or some kind of hubbub, not just had it come out of left field in the last 10 minutes of a mid-season finale.

Their contract with the show ends 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if season 16 is their last.
08:19 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
London/Leeds
Male - 22 Years Old
that episode was brilliant, and it took a good swing at Odd future if you look when Randy is playing the music in his room it has the word 'Dreamer' in exactly the same lettering that OFWKTA has. I thought that the first half of this series that Matt and Trey's heart wasn't really in it, (half a mind probably on their broadway hit) but I hope they come back after the break revitalised and perhaps with more of an intrest in character and storyline development.
10:08 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 26 Years Old
Staff Member
anybody read any decent reviews of this episode? If so I'd appreciate a link.
10:10 AM on 06/09/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
anybody read any decent reviews of this episode? If so I'd appreciate a link.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/youre...tion_tv_review
AV Club gave it a glowing review.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests