Username
Password
Lawrence Arms News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lawrence Arms
Inside AP.net

In-Depth Brendan Kelly Interview

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/23/13)
The always quotable Brendan Kelly recently sat down for a very in-depth interview with The Inertia.
From the InterviewSo I was thinking about this interview I read with Billie Joe Armstrong around ‘99, and he said something to the effect of: “The way I know if my lyrics are good is if I’m nervous to sing them in front of people.” Like, if the content kind of freaks you out, that’s when you know you’re getting somewhere. So these songs were coming out kind of weird, and I was like, “Let’s push them to be even more…dark.” And I am nervous, and that’s why the song about cutting up little kids and stuff, that kind of came out of that entire notion.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6.
12:42 PM on 01/23/13
Evolution Kid
Audio Engineer
User Info.
Great interview. Don't always agree with what he has to say but absolutely one of the most well spoken people in interviews/his blog.
12:46 PM on 01/23/13
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
Love this man.
02:20 PM on 01/23/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Exciting to hear
05:13 AM on 01/24/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I am sure the Larry Arms aren't the first, or the last band to get audited, but I have never heard of that happening before. How does that even work? Do you have to register your band as a business? He said something elsewhere about the main critique of the IRS being payroll and how each person was paid. They surrendered some cash and life went on. Just glad they are back in a place to make a new record and hopefully they have time to play Cleveland again.
10:09 AM on 01/24/13
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
I really enjoyed that interview. I didn't know his vocal style was inspired by old Goo Goo Dolls, so that was cool.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS