AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

TTNG's Singer Releases Statement About The Band's Name...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/23/13)
Henry Tremain, the new vocalist of TTNG, has posted a blog about the band's decision to change their name.
From HenryI’d also like you to know that my personal want to move away from the full name is completely abstract from any current events or social pressures of political correctness. When the boys asked me if I would consider joining the band, the name made it very difficult for me. I eventually got perspective and realised that the opportunity to work with such amazing musicians was way more important than my dislike of a silly band name. It wasn’t until in the band that the gravity of the name became more obvious, and that it wasn’t just a silly band name. With stories of people being on the receiving end of abuse for wearing the band’s t-shirts, the importance of context on the name was clear - without the knowledge that it was the name of a band, the statement ‘this town needs guns’ is left to be taken literally. As we continue promoting the bands music, the name is going to find itself in more and more places without this qualifying context to excuse it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32.
05:56 PM on 01/23/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Incredibly well-written statement. I respect their decision.
05:56 PM on 01/23/13
leftapart
User Info.
06:09 PM on 01/23/13
Bryan Mac
Suck It.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have never listened to this band. Have always assumed that they were heavy. Probably because I've kind of linked this band with Stick To Your Guns.
06:10 PM on 01/23/13
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Either way, I'll probably always refer to them by the full band name
06:29 PM on 01/23/13
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
I feel like a full name change would have flown better than switching to an acronym, personally. Changing the name was a good decision regardless, and who couldn't respect a statement like that?
06:40 PM on 01/23/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Either way, I'll probably always refer to them by the full band name
Yep.
06:47 PM on 01/23/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
Respect the statement, like the decision.
06:48 PM on 01/23/13
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
I feel like people should recognize it as a band name, but what he's saying makes sense, so, respect.

Just got into them and they're really amazing. I'll take 'em as This Town Needs Guns or TTNG any day.
06:58 PM on 01/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Well said.
07:09 PM on 01/23/13
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
Sucks but makes sense.

If only Blood on the Dance Floor felt the same way.

13-whatever is a fantastic record.
07:25 PM on 01/23/13
WakeUpBlondie
Back from '09
User Info.
AOTY
07:33 PM on 01/23/13
danperez
User Info.
Heard there'd be lots of changes,
didn't know they'd be ready so soon. Welcome back, All-Star Weekend!
08:15 PM on 01/23/13
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
this is a cop out decision coming from a band thats afraid to offend people. Their name was an artistic expression and they are not responsible for the actions of other people. I'm completely disgusted by the amount of artists who feel the pressure to amend their own works because fucked up shit happens. Music is a business more than ever, and these fucking musicians are compromising their own integrity by their willingness to do shit like this.
08:20 PM on 01/23/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
this is a cop out decision coming from a band thats afraid to offend people. Their name was an artistic expression and they are not responsible for the actions of other people. I'm completely disgusted by the amount of artists who feel the pressure to amend their own works because fucked up shit happens. Music is a business more than ever, and these fucking musicians are compromising their own integrity by their willingness to do shit like this.
That, or, they have compassion.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests