Bombardier to Pilot - 01.24.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Bombardier to Pilot
1. How did you get your band name?
Our singer Duncan, his grandfather was a B-17 co pilot in World War II. He drew cartoons and one of them had a blown up B-17 with a caption "Bombardier to pilot hold the F****** thing steady!" So we kind of played off that idea.
2. How did this band get started?
Tony and Ruston have been playing music together for a long time and their old band had parted ways. They spent some time looking for a singer who shared the same ideas musically as them and eventually ran into Duncan, who had always played drums in previous bands. They heard an acoustic project that Duncan had been doing for fun and liked what they heard. Now we are here.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our band was brought together originally by our love for old Drive-Thru Records bands (The Starting Line, New Found Glory, The Early November, The Movielife, ect.) so that definitely comes through in our sound. We also love bands like The Wonder Years, Transit, Man Overboard, Fireworks... you know, the bands that every pop punk band is influenced by!
[b]4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We figured the best way to answer this is to propose a tour:
The Movielife, Saves The Day, Motion City Soundtrack and One Direction.
Why One Direction? If you got offered a tour with them, would you take it?
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're just five dudes playing music that we love. We take most people by surprise at shows and really enjoy sharing our music with new people. So check us out if you get the chance.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Lebron James. Why, because he was the first athlete stated out loud when the question was asked.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Mom and Dad. Oh, and Ace Enders and Gary Cioffi too for all the work they did on our Ep.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Kids would still give music a chance. It has become such a popularity contest between both bands and the fans.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We seem to love to run out of gas at two in the morning...
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is the only place we go to to find out things like the singer of Three Days Grace quit and was replaced by the singer of My Darkest Days and that Fred Durst is now Straight Edge.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Idle Hands. Our fans really seem to be able to honestly connect to that songs. It's always incredible to see kids sing along!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Florida: It's warm and Tony's parents live there. Plus Disney World.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
One out of five of us is extremely animate on Time Travel.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We always try to talk to people before and after shows. Before we play, we usually do some warm-ups and have a little band huddle and say stupid stuff to each other.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We have a red headed straight edge as a drummer.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The radio is awful. As of right now I don't think our music would fit in because it's so focused on pop or indie music. As the 'popular' styles of music change, hopefully we can have a place on it someday.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We love football and eating wings. We usually jam all sorts of music when we get bored.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ruston can ride a unicycle. Don't believe us? Bring one to a show.
09:08 AM on 01/25/13
Great post! I had a great time reading this article. By the way, let me share with you an outstanding iPhone app that lets you watch and share videos instantly. lipClock is the best new iPhone app for music fans, where you can see the most shared music videos from friends and others! It's the ultimate hub for great moments and the latest music video releases! Download here directly from the app store - www.clipclock.com/download/20189
Buy The Music