Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

Brian Fallon To Make Solo Record

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/25/13)
Brian Fallon has been working on a new solo album as well as new Gaslight Anthem tracks. He expects to make his solo record this year while The Gaslight Anthem takes a break from touring.
From BrianIím working on a lot of things, itís been a while, I apologize. Iíve had some really amazing things happen and some really terrible things in the last couple months. Iím definitely on a new page, and I have to start there. So, Iím going to make a record by myself, hopefully sometime this year. Iíve just started to work on these songs now, as well as new Gaslight Anthem songs for our next record.

Iíve learned thereís too much to be done and not a lot of time to do it in. Things can change overnight. So Iím going to do my best to get as much music out there as I can while Iím young enough and fortunate enough to have people listening.

Thereís no termoil or anything with Gaslight, weíre going to be writing too, but Iím sure weíre gonna need a breather after this year of touring before we go in to make our next record. So since I canít sit still, Iím gonna make another record. Itís what happens when you donít do drugs, you end up with a lot of down time. So I fill that time with songs now.

Hereís to looking forward to what comes out.

See you guys soon.
I donít love picturesÖ

Brian

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
05:05 AM on 01/25/13
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Great news! I wonder if he'll use the Horrible Crowes name, or just his own? Sounds like he's had some very bad news recently, not as positive sounding as his updates normally are
05:05 AM on 01/25/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Definitely interested to hear this. I was hoping Gaslight would put another record out this year (just because I am so anxious for the "different" record that he mentioned) but that is expecting way too much and they definitely earned the right to take a breather. They put a great record out last summer and toured a bit on it. Who knows, maybe a high quality version of The Blues, Mary will be recorded.
05:07 AM on 01/25/13
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Great news! I wonder if he'll use the Horrible Crowes name, or just his own? Sounds like he's had some very bad news recently, not as positive sounding as his updates normally are
Highly doubt that as that was both him and Ian (guitar tech at the time). Alex, the guitarist also did keys on that album. This sounds like it will just be him for the most part. Who knows, he might reach out and I am sure they would do it.
05:11 AM on 01/25/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
If Fallon tours small clubs playing solo that would be amazing.
05:20 AM on 01/25/13
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Highly doubt that as that was both him and Ian (guitar tech at the time). Alex, the guitarist also did keys on that album. This sounds like it will just be him for the most part. Who knows, he might reach out and I am sure they would do it.
Good reasoning there, my thinking was that I thought I remembered HC starting out as a solo record - but I could well be wrong! Ian is the luckiest guy in music going from Brian's guitar tech, to HC to touring member of Gaslight. I'd love that job!
05:25 AM on 01/25/13
btown4life
User Info.
Love Gaslight, and Brian's style of songwriting. Sorry that he's going through some stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing this.
05:31 AM on 01/25/13
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Good reasoning there, my thinking was that I thought I remembered HC starting out as a solo record - but I could well be wrong! Ian is the luckiest guy in music going from Brian's guitar tech, to HC to touring member of Gaslight. I'd love that job!
Haha no doubt. All of those moves are easy "where do I sign" scenarios. You are probably right, HC most likely started out solo because Brian wanted to make slow record that he did not feel was Gaslight material. Somewhere in the early stages he decided to ask Ian to help out. While Brian is certainly at the forefront of that project, I view it as a two-man group with the help of a few others; including Alex Rosamillia.
05:39 AM on 01/25/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully its not somber/sad music. That's all.
05:56 AM on 01/25/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
he does sound a little bit down but i am stoooked about new songs. possibly MORE stoked than i am for new gaslight
06:12 AM on 01/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Warped Tour @ Camden
User Info.
He sounded great in NYC last night.
06:34 AM on 01/25/13
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Hopefully it's like what Chuck Ragan does solo. I would love to see an acoustic singer songwriter kind of album from Brian.
06:49 AM on 01/25/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Cryptic much?
06:57 AM on 01/25/13
absolution
User Info.
He sounded great in NYC last night.
uhm..WHAT
fallon played in nyc last night?

also, i like the "next show" piece. Are you going to the show in Philly?
07:47 AM on 01/25/13
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I'm down. I've been hoping for a solo album since those tracks Italian Lightening and The Blues Mary came out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums