Username
Password
Matchbook Romance News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Matchbook Romance
Inside AP.net

Former Matchbook Romance Members Form New Band

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/25/13)
Ryan Kienle and Ryan DePaolo of Matchbook Romance fame have teamed up and formed a new band - Those Old Bones.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
05:14 PM on 01/25/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
what did they play in Matchbook?
05:23 PM on 01/25/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
what did they play in Matchbook?

Guitar and bass. Ryan is a killer bass player too.
05:43 PM on 01/25/13
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I heard a rumor Ryan Kienle was playing in Just Surrender now. Guess that's not happening afterall?
06:05 PM on 01/25/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
I love the tune on the brokenenglishrecords.bandcamp
06:07 PM on 01/25/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They all seem to still be in music, they just don't wanna be matchbook romance again. What the hell guys, voices was amazing im sorry I didn't realize its greatness until a year or two after its release. Youve punished me enough, get back together. No touring needed just an album.
06:15 PM on 01/25/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
They all seem to still be in music, they just don't wanna be matchbook romance again. What the hell guys, voices was amazing im sorry I didn't realize its greatness until a year or two after its release. Youve punished me enough, get back together. No touring needed just an album.

I love matchbook so much, but they had their time and sadly if they came back full time it would fall on deaf hears.
06:20 PM on 01/25/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Still listen to Voices. Awesome record.
06:21 PM on 01/25/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love matchbook so much, but they had their time and sadly if they came back full time it would fall on deaf hears.
I don't think so. Armor For Sleep came back for a "farewell" tour and it seemed successful. And I'm pretty sure Matchbook got more play than Armor.
06:48 PM on 01/25/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think so. Armor For Sleep came back for a "farewell" tour and it seemed successful. And I'm pretty sure Matchbook got more play than Armor.

Matchbook has tried multiple times to come back and I love them so I'd be there. In regards to Armor, 'what to do when you're dead' is a classic in this scene and ppl hold it very close so I suppose that's why people were clamoring for a reunion tour that and they never really said their goodbyes in the first place.
06:56 PM on 01/25/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Matchbook has tried multiple times to come back and I love them so I'd be there. In regards to Armor, 'what to do when you're dead' is a classic in this scene and ppl hold it very close so I suppose that's why people were clamoring for a reunion tour that and they never really said their goodbyes in the first place.
i'm not aware of this.

and still, My Eyes Burn and Promise were both bigger than anything Armor came out with. Not saying that Armor aren't amazing, just saying that MBR may stand a chance if they came back. Plus, it's doubtful that this new band they are forming can garner more fan support than a reformed MBR. but hey, i'm in know matter what.
06:57 PM on 01/25/13
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
There's a link to their first song on their page; it's really fucking good. Excited to hear more.
07:00 PM on 01/25/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
What ever came of god or Julie?
07:06 PM on 01/25/13
xeroblade
User Info.
anyone have any idea where the lead singer went?
07:12 PM on 01/25/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
i'm not aware of this.

and still, My Eyes Burn and Promise were both bigger than anything Armor came out with. Not saying that Armor aren't amazing, just saying that MBR may stand a chance if they came back. Plus, it's doubtful that this new band they are forming can garner more fan support than a reformed MBR. but hey, i'm in know matter what.
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=860512

http://www.punknews.org/article/4917...e-reunion-show

And 'Car Underwater' was a very big single for Armor and they were on TRL at one point, the next album flopped which led to their break up but I digress. Both bands genres of music were a time and place which is sadly over.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums