AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 309.
10:30 AM on 01/27/13
Rodeo
User Info.
what-in-the-gee-golly-fuck is happening in this world right now?
10:32 AM on 01/27/13
SeberK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That whole situation is fucked. I don't understand why people are still hating on gays. I'd wear that hostage calm shirt even though i'm not a fan to piss the venue off. But did no one pay attention to the promoter being called a ****** Christian? Or so he says that happened. I'm not Christian AT ALL, But it just seems kinda fucked doesn't it?
10:32 AM on 01/27/13
streetcar
User Info.
Come see Tegan and Sara live at the Nashville venue Rockettown, February 14th.
10:35 AM on 01/27/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I don't want to suck a dick. The thought of me having to do that is unpleasant. To me, that shit would be gross. That's it. That end part about men and women isn't implied at all in the general response to that, like not even slightly, unless they actually are genuinely homophobic of course. and if "suck my dick" is homophobic, what do you think of something like "kiss my arse", which is said with the same intentions?

Sexist? Hardly. Girls get told to eat or suck a dick plenty as well. Its flung around on the Internet at users who don't even have their sex shown. Some girls even tell other people to suck their dick. There's no real discrimination coming from or aimed at either sex. As for slut shaming I don't even know where the fuck that's coming from. Sure it could be if it was said in the right context but a stranger on the Internet telling another stranger to eat a dick has absolutely nothing to do with slut shaming.

I'm a bit shit at arguing online so hopefully someone more eloquent than me can write this a touch better than I can. Meanwhile, I'm sure some over zealous poster will be quick to label me a sexist or something stupid because I don't see the great deal of harm in the using of that phrase that some of you seem to.
are you serious right now?
10:36 AM on 01/27/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
I like to call this the "Straight Edge Pose"

10:40 AM on 01/27/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
are you serious right now?
unfortunately, i think he is.
10:41 AM on 01/27/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
unfortunately, i think he is.
how can people not see how that phrase is rooted in homophobia/sexism? like, it's clear as day
10:44 AM on 01/27/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Well, I regret my previous comment considering this dude was at fault.
10:48 AM on 01/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
We (news sites) all messed up last night on this. Statement from the promoter is on POZ and paints a much, much more realistic picture.

1.5 sides of the story ... not sure either come across as more or less realistic to be honest. Just one is better written.
10:51 AM on 01/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This is just another example of liberal hysterics breaking out before knowing the whole story. I can also promise you that there is more to the employee's termination last week than the fact that he wore a shirt supporting gay rights.

Could there be a more hypocritical statement? You just know and can promise there's more -- while you make some liberal bashing statement about not knowing tr "full story" - of which you don't know.

Good lord.
10:54 AM on 01/27/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
1.5 sides of the story ... not sure either come across as more or less realistic to be honest. Just one is better written.

Could their tour manager be reached for comment? I know she posted a fairly vague tweet about the situation.
10:55 AM on 01/27/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
how can people not see how that phrase is rooted in homophobia/sexism? like, it's clear as day
they can be really stupid. that helps.
10:57 AM on 01/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Could their tour manager be reached for comment? I know she posted a fairly vague tweet about the situation.

I sent an email. Nothing back.
10:59 AM on 01/27/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I think everybody jumped the gun last night. FOB discussion about having sources and stuff like that was great, but it seemed like when this was posted all sort of journalism was thrown out the window, but i understand its mostly due to the "gossip" nature of this instance.
11:00 AM on 01/27/13
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
Could there be a more hypocritical statement? You just know and can promise there's more -- while you make some liberal bashing statement about not knowing tr "full story" - of which you don't know.

Good lord.

What's hypocritical, half of a story get's posted, everyone goes nuts, by the time the truth comes out everyone has moved on.

You're right, I am speculating. But I am also not the one posting a news item on a popular website.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests