Password
Jimmy Eat World News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 105.
09:21 AM on 01/28/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
from their facebook account:
"We appreciate the passion our fans have for our earlier albums. And if you want something similar to the older material, might we suggest you just listen to the older material! :)"
I thought it my best theory was a solid track, but I liked the whole album...
Invented was somewhat of a mixed bag, with "My Best Theory" being one of the weakest songs on there. I'm not someone who hates all their new music though, I like Chase This Light a good amount.
09:25 AM on 01/28/13
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
JEW are always consistent in my books! I'll take a new song! Hell, I'd be chuffed with just an album announcment. First half of 2013 is shaping up nicely for new albums!
09:27 AM on 01/28/13
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
I will lose my shit.
09:30 AM on 01/28/13
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Invented was awesome, guys.
09:33 AM on 01/28/13
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
I loved Invented, actually. Perfect Fall music, for me. But I think "My Best Theory" is one of their worst songs; it just has zero oomph to me. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I remember thinking that the first half of the album needed some editing down. The back half is fantastic though, I think, and one of my favorite things they've done.

And yeah, I'd love to get a new song today.
09:35 AM on 01/28/13
mark29
User Info.
Wow people hate my best theory when its one of my favourite songs by them, it has so much attitude and is killer live
09:35 AM on 01/28/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I try to be as objective as I can and honestly have yet to be let down by any Jimmy Eat World album. They are all different and fun to listen to at different times. I loved Invented and Chase This Light just like I loved Bleed American and Futures. Clarity is also good. I think the band is just good. Stoked to hear what direction they take their next album. Hopefully the new single is a good example of how it will sound. Invented is one of my "getting off work and driving home at night or dusk" albums.
09:40 AM on 01/28/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
from their facebook account:
"We appreciate the passion our fans have for our earlier albums. And if you want something similar to the older material, might we suggest you just listen to the older material! :)"
I thought it my best theory was a solid track, but I liked the whole album...
"want my old shit, buy my old album" - Jay-Z
09:51 AM on 01/28/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Invented was somewhat of a mixed bag, with "My Best Theory" being one of the weakest songs on there. I'm not someone who hates all their new music though, I like Chase This Light a good amount.

Awww man, I loved Invented. Not their best, but a lot of very good songs on there. And I liked "My Best Theory," it just shouldn't have been the first single. Or a single at all.
09:52 AM on 01/28/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Awww man, I loved Invented. Not their best, but a lot of very good songs on there. And I liked "My Best Theory," it just shouldn't have been the first single. Or a single at all.
I loved about half of it, was lukewarm on another quarter of it, and didn't care for another quarter of it.
09:54 AM on 01/28/13
_veges_
User Info.
Invented was pretty hit-or-miss for me, some songs were great others like My Best Theory weren't
09:55 AM on 01/28/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I loved about half of it, was lukewarm on another quarter of it, and didn't care for another quarter of it.
What's your favorite album from these guys?
09:55 AM on 01/28/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I would of made Movielike or Littlething the lead singles.
09:56 AM on 01/28/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I would of made Movielike or Littlething the lead singles.
I would have had "Heart is Hard to Find."
09:57 AM on 01/28/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
What's your favorite album from these guys?
Ummmmmmmmm don't ask me hard questions Craig. I'm gonna say Clarity although Futures is goddamned close. I really have never decided.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests