This Thread is Closed.

11:53 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
because people have serious double standards about what's okay and what's not on these forums, here is the remade ambient music thread.

i don't want this thread to be too specific -- practically anything that relies on creating an atmosphere to build a song can be posted in here. plenty of post-rock, art-rock, electronic, etc. music can fit under this umbrella.

Dead Drums -- local to Baltimore
http://deaddrums.bandcamp.com/album/human-hair-ep

Hammock -- first post-rock band to actually blow me away
http://hammock.bandcamp.com/

Beacon -- local to DC
http://beacon.bandcamp.com/album/no-body-ep

also, Aphex Twin's selected ambient works and Boards of Canada's Music Has The Right To Children are awesome.
11:53 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
not getting into "ambient" music. but DUMP:

[sc=0]1281136[/sc]
[sc=0]23394245[/sc]
[sc=0]56957776[/sc]
11:54 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
talk amongst the trees (eluvium)
12:03 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
will probably post this thread once you take out the douchey first sentence in the OP :)
12:04 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
will probably post this thread once you take out the douchey first sentence in the OP :)

hahahaha
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
there's a difference between a laid back chat thread and a serious thread with an aim to discuss a certain kind of music. don't be a fucking idiot.

User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old

pretty much... i'm also certain there's only half a band in the op that even falls under the "ambient" umbrella ella ella ay ay ay
12:08 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
12:09 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
LA
Male - 23 Years Old
moving this thread to MO so we could post links wouldn't be a bad idea, really
I need a late pass, but Richard Skelton's 2012 album Verse of Birds is really excellent.

12:10 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
I need a late pass, but Richard Skelton's 2012 album Verse of Birds is really excellent.

to both skelton and the MO thread
12:13 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
there's a difference between a laid back chat thread and a serious thread with an aim to discuss a certain kind of music. don't be a fucking idiot.

dude, i just don't understand why people need to be so uptight about the dumbest things and post like a retard everywhere else. most of you have been posting half the time i have and yet you go around this site acting like you guys make the rules around here. you cant just arbitrarily decide what can be laid back and what can be serious, you get mad when i have a serious discussion about something, you get mad when i chill out. seriously, if you have a problem with my thread, fuck off, it's not up to you how i post things on this site.

and if anyone wants to get mad at this post, well, several of you have been critical of my posting habits long before i ever was to yours.
12:13 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old

this is really excellent
12:18 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
dude, i just don't understand why people need to be so uptight about the dumbest things and post like a retard everywhere else. most of you have been posting half the time i have and yet you go around this site acting like you guys make the rules around here. you cant just arbitrarily decide what can be laid back and what can be serious, you get mad when i have a serious discussion about something, you get mad when i chill out. seriously, if you have a problem with my thread, fuck off, it's not up to you how i post things on this site.

and if anyone wants to get mad at this post, well, several of you have been critical of my posting habits long before i ever was to yours.

what this is really about is you were trying to fit in. it made you look like an idiot. now you're mad. please shutup and listen to the goddamn music.
12:19 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
what this is really about is you were trying to fit in. it made you look like an idiot. now you're mad. please shutup and listen to the goddamn music.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
12:22 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified

hahahaha

my entire existence on this site would be the worst attempt to ever fit in to anything if that was really my intention. ive been the same person on this site forever, this definitely is not the first time i made a ridiculous, arbitrary title for a thread. get over yourself, no one gets to establish standard posting protocol for a website.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos