is arrange your band? if so, props this sounds really cool
01:16 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
oh yeah well just let me do it that's so worse u enabler!

your music really is beautiful you know
01:20 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
seriously check out this Dead Drums band, i just saw them perform in a basement, one of my favorite local bands yet. their songs are pretty concise for an ambient-ish band

http://deaddrums.bandcamp.com/
01:21 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
also any Tangerine Dream fans? cant find any soundcloud that isn't remixed, but the website has a few solid songs http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/index.php
01:23 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
Benn Jordan (from the Flashbulb) has probably released my favourite ambient album, Pale Blue Dot.

I won't embed the youtube link if it's a buggar for people's computers, so here's a link, the album is very nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AN2K3GZ1Wk
01:27 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
this thread is exciting
01:30 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified

how do you do it? is it just something you're able to whip up together by yourself on your laptop? do you use real instruments or VSTs or a combination?

let's start over btw. i know i used your thread title to make a point, i wasn't really trying to direct that at you though, you usually seem like a nice dude. i was just frustrated.
01:32 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 21 Years Old
here's to new beginnings, here's to starting again, here's to music that is pretty

01:32 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
how do you do it? is it just something you're able to whip up together by yourself on your laptop? do you use real instruments or VSTs or a combination?

let's start over btw. i know i used your thread title to make a point, i wasn't really trying to direct that at you though. just frustrated.

no problem buddy i can be pretty unrelenting at times. :D

i use an iMac, my Yamaha Motif, guitars, pedals, and upright piano to create all of it. I use Logic Pro as my daw and start from there.
01:33 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member

i use an iMac, my Yamaha Motif, guitars, pedals, and upright piano to create all of it. I use Logic Pro as my daw and start from there.
LOGIC PRO BUDDIES

4LIEF
01:34 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
LOGIC PRO BUDDIES

4LIEF

It's such a great DAW with some damn fine synth and effects engines.
01:35 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
It's such a great DAW with some damn fine synth and effects engines.
i seriously love it, it was weird at first but after having it for almost a year it's jsut guh butter
01:37 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
here's to new beginnings, here's to starting again, here's to music that is pretty

amazing. strings are such good instruments for this stuff because they don't really even need that much digital effect to sound atmospheric

awesome, man. im just getting started on a pedalboard myself but it's a process. having a DD-20 delay and a looper is a perfect start for ambience. got a few ideas ive been toying with.

can you punch in/punch out recordings with a footswitch on logic pro? because ive been thinking about moving on from Cubase but i really, really love the convenience of having that feature.
01:38 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
i seriously love it, it was weird at first but after having it for almost a year it's jsut guh butter

yeah it was a logical progression for me. i started playing around on garageband three or four years ago and the transition was seamless. :D
01:39 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
yeah it was a logical progression for me. i started playing around on garageband three or four years ago and the transition was seamless. :D
yeah 2 years ago when i got my macbook air i started messing with garageband and last year when i got my imac and my midi keyboard i thought okay let's get real here time for the big leagues

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets