Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 31 posts
04:04 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Yo. Joseph here.

I'm gonna go ahead and clarify, YES that is a Space Echo RE-201 on the track SON!
04:38 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
What are some albums/bands that YOU guys are enjoying right now?
This is what I've been jamming recently: Bat For Lashes, Four Tet, Metz, Purity Ring.
04:42 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Amazing song! Would you say the record follows in the same veins as this track? Or is this more of an "stand out" track?
This is a stand-out track for sure... but I would probably say that about any song off Collider.
04:54 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Loving the return to Chroma sound fellas! Was it hard for you guys to come together and recreate that similar vibe that Chroma had to it?
Not hard at all. It was nice to write songs and record them the way we like without any outside criticism from non-band members.
04:57 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
If you could learn to play any instrument, what would it be?
Pedal Steel Guitar.

Oh, and Accordion.
05:06 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Hii guys! a bunch of my favorite songs come from Cycles, so is this album COllider gonna be similar to Cycles? :)
If you liked Cycles, you'll LOVE Collider. It's got the soft jams, the heavy jams, and mid tempo jams... you can definitely add it to your workout playlist.
05:13 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
What is something special about this album that yall feel is unique to it alone in yalls discography? Each album yall have is different for better and worse and translate differently live.

Also since the release of In Stereo and returning to a more raw output in regards to songs will more songs from yall's self title be played live in the future? I am sure it is harder now that you have more to draw from plus expectations from fans. I wonder does expectations of fans ever interfere with the ideal setlist yall would like to provide?
Collider incorporates everything we've learned about songwriting and production over the past 10 years. That's what makes Collider special to me.

Expectations from fans absolutely interfere with my ideal set list.
05:14 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
THIS

hey joseph, check it! churros! haha! arriba!!!
HOLY SHIT. 6 letter C word. How did I miss that!?
05:15 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
did you record this in a bubble?
Would you still like the song if we did?
05:24 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
I was wondering if you guys had any retrospective thoughts about the self-titled record. It's definitely your most polarizing, though it's my personal favorite, as well as most of my friends'. I had a brief conversation with Joe about it after a show (you guys had not included any s/t songs in your setlist that night, and I asked why), and he insinuated that even the band was a bit polarized about that album, and there was disagreement between you guys over how good it was, whether it was a sound you should return to, whether you should play those songs live, how much the fans like the songs, etc. Those aren't his words - just the impression I got.

So how does the band (or any one of you individually) view that album? And why weren't you including any s/t songs in your sets? It really disappointed me, tbh (thought it was still a great show and set).
Solid impression. We do occasionally play a few songs off the S/T album live. But if we have to make cuts, those are the first songs to go. Don't ask me why. I personally love that album. Some of the songs I would've recorded differently, but we'll blame that on all the fucking antics. I would hope to include a few select favorites on a future live album.

Next time we come through your town, find me and let me know what song of the S/T you want to hear.
05:26 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Churros is seven letters! haha
not if it's only one churro.
05:28 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Just want to say that I love the song. Been a while since I have been really excited for a new Cartel release. Not to say anything bad about any of your material, I have enjoyed all of your albums but I haven't been this excited for a new release since Chroma.
I'm glad you're excited!
05:30 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
I would love for Cartel to do more covers. The problem has always been deciding on the songs.

Free Bird, in it's entirety, is on my list.
05:33 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Again, no one wants to eat one churro! haha
What if it was a giant churro? like the metaphorical twinkie from Ghostbusters?
05:35 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Now that you have 4 length albums, do you feel like shows have to be longer now and more songs need to be played? How difficult is writing a setlist going to be?
We usually don't decide our set time. So we try to pack in as many favorites as we can into a 30 or 45 min window.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos