AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 15
Displaying posts 210 - 225 of 380
06:37 PM on 01/28/13
zolverine
User Info.
What if it was a giant churro? like the metaphorical twinkie from Ghostbusters?
A sentence including giant churro and Ghostbusters, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to argue! haha
06:38 PM on 01/28/13
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
Hey everybody. My home Internet went down and my phone is about to die. I'll be on a little later. Love you all and I'll reply back to questions you leave me so you can check here later. Believe that.
How would you describe the general sound of the album?
06:38 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
I just wanted to give kudos to you for saying and asking everything that I wanted to.
CARTEL, the s/t has some of your best work and it's easily the most experimental. I love that you guys didn't just try to rehash Chroma but tried to incorporate a lot of new sounds and genres (successfully IMO) and I would love to see these songs live. Don't let the naysayers get you down about the quality of the album, it's great.
+1.
06:39 PM on 01/28/13
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.
I just take what i've been given. It's nice to even be at a point where almost 10 years into this band we can do chats, shutdown websites, and still connect with people. Do I wish more people liked, listened, etc to cartel, sure. but again, i think most of us would agree that we got further along in this mess than we ever expected. and to do with people love like family makes it all better.
06:39 PM on 01/28/13
Harbour
User Info.
Gonna ask again: Are there b-sides or demos from Cartel, the self-titled? I thoroughly enjoy that album (on repeat a lot), and I would love to hear something else from those recordings.
06:40 PM on 01/28/13
Jenn23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would love for Cartel to do more covers. The problem has always been deciding on the songs.

Free Bird, in it's entirety, is on my list.
Speaking of covers... are we ever going to get to hear the cover of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"? Baby Chuck told me you and Will recorded it.
06:41 PM on 01/28/13
litecrush
User Info.
I'd really love to be in a band, write music, and tour for a living. I haven't gone to college yet and I know how much of a risk it is to dive into the music industry. Should I go to college first? Do you guys regret going to college before your music career or rather, if you didn't go to college, do you regret not going to college? I'm a fan of yours and would love some advice!
06:41 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
If you could give me any piece of life advice, what would you tell me?
Always carry your own bottle of hot sauce with you. Food is boring without it, and you'll be the life of the party once your friends know you have hot sauce.
06:42 PM on 01/28/13
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
Gonna ask again: Are there b-sides or demos from Cartel, the self-titled? I thoroughly enjoy that album (on repeat a lot), and I would love to hear something else from those recordings.
There's a bonus track I play slide guitar on... I think it's available on iTunes.
06:43 PM on 01/28/13
zolverine
User Info.
Hey Kevin my man! Paul here, How is it going dude?
06:43 PM on 01/28/13
permanentdan
User Info.
When that chorus hits....DAMN! Such a jam. Big fan of Cartel, just wanted to say im glad you guys have stuck it out through all the changes and ups and downs. You always put out great music, and im super stoked for this record!

PS, Minstrels Prayer was one of my audition songs for the Voice last season :)
06:44 PM on 01/28/13
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.

Not really. Any song ideas that didn't get turned into tracks for that record got turned into songs for cycles. and songs that didnt make cycles made collider. Chroma is the only record where we had only wrote 12, and those are the only ones that made it.

if you take the ransom ep and chroma, those songs were the first 19 songs we wrote. no b sides, nothing else to record.
JosephCartel
Cartel / Joseph
User Info.
I'd really love to be in a band, write music, and tour for a living. I haven't gone to college yet and I know how much of a risk it is to dive into the music industry. Should I go to college first? Do you guys regret going to college before your music career or rather, if you didn't go to college, do you regret not going to college? I'm a fan of yours and would love some advice!
Go to college. If you're not already in a band that's about to start touring, then it's better to continue your education than to sit around jamming Green Day in your garage. .... actually, wait a minute....
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.
Hey Kevin my man! Paul here, How is it going dude?
paul! i saw that shout out from monaco. hows it going brother?
06:45 PM on 01/28/13
Jenn23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There's a bonus track called Get Away. My iPod also has Wasted (Remix ft. Wyclef Jean) and live in studio tracks of No Subject, This Is Who We Are, and The Fortunate.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos