Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 240 of 382.
05:45 PM on 01/28/13
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
Chroma is one of my favorite albums and I was wondering what's you guy's favorite song you've written?
Ninja-Sam-I-Am
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what ever happened to the song "save us" i hear it on pandora a lot but i cant find it on itumes :(
cpax10
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Always carry your own bottle of hot sauce with you. Food is boring without it, and you'll be the life of the party once your friends know you have hot sauce.

I eat Franks on everything! :) Rad bro. Thanks!
05:48 PM on 01/28/13
zolverine
User Info.
paul! i saw that shout out from monaco. hows it going brother?
Bro it's going great, good time at a pub with friends, and an awesome Cartel song so I would call it a good evening
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I just want yall to know yall are possibly the only band I know that covered "wonderwall" in a not douchy manner. Most people cover it to look like they can play guitar. I have even seen yalls cover live and it was quite delightful.
Harbour
User Info.
Oh yeah, and would it be possible in any way if y'all could come down to South Georgia or North Florida? Tallahassee would be great if you could book a show there! I'm sure there's some fans down here who would love to go to a show!
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.
I'd really love to be in a band, write music, and tour for a living. I haven't gone to college yet and I know how much of a risk it is to dive into the music industry. Should I go to college first? Do you guys regret going to college before your music career or rather, if you didn't go to college, do you regret not going to college? I'm a fan of yours and would love some advice!
i might be with joseph on this one, it's just such a tough industry. It takes a thick skin. having said that, it has been the most rewarding experience of my life. but the stars really have to align for it to work. I'll tell you what i told my parents. School will always be there when you want to start or go back. my brother was a tech for cartel for three years out of high school. he got to see a lot of the world with us and then started school.
05:49 PM on 01/28/13
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
I have the mp3 if anyone wants!
05:49 PM on 01/28/13
VGamer360
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What is the reason that "Save Us" was made into two versions (From the original, and re-release I think)? What were the reasons for releasing a different version of the song?
05:50 PM on 01/28/13
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Hey guys, loving the new song!
05:51 PM on 01/28/13
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
oh man, i forgot about that wyclef remix...

wyclef so wasted yeahhh
05:54 PM on 01/28/13
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.
What is the reason that "Save Us" was made into two versions (From the original, and re-release I think)? What were the reasons for releasing a different version of the song?
I really dont know who's call that was. Let's say the label made us do it. All i know is the drum beat is from led zeppelin, when the levee breaks. Thanks Mr. Bonham for that one.
seventwenty3
User Info.
Not really. Any song ideas that didn't get turned into tracks for that record got turned into songs for cycles. and songs that didnt make cycles made collider. Chroma is the only record where we had only wrote 12, and those are the only ones that made it.

if you take the ransom ep and chroma, those songs were the first 19 songs we wrote. no b sides, nothing else to record.
Although years ago I did stumble upon some pre pro tracks from Chroma, cool to hear the differences.
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Since you guys were once in this position . What advice would you give to up and coming bands who are on the brink of mainstream attention and have the opportunity to sign to a major label? any do's and dont's or anything you regret about that whole situation?
05:55 PM on 01/28/13
KevinCartel
Cartel / Kevin
User Info.
Although years ago I did stumble upon some pre pro tracks from Chroma, cool to hear the differences.
I still remember recording those. the demos where will sang "save us" super high and everyone loved it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests