Username
Password

08:29 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
The Homeland pilot was really, really good.
09:18 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Ohaidere
Middletown, CT
Extraterrestrial
I DVR'd the 'Pilot', will watch sometime tonight when I have nothing better to do.
09:54 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Are you saying that it wasn't good?
10:15 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I really need to watch Homeland - I've got the first season downloaded but there's so much other stuff I'm still trying to catch up on
10:22 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I really need to watch Homeland - I've got the first season downloaded but there's so much other stuff I'm still trying to catch up on
The first season is FAR superior than the second season, IMO. The entire first season leaves you guessing as to what Brody is really up to, then you get a resolution, but then things aren't what they seem.

In the second season, you pretty much know what Brody is doing, then the season finale leaves you wondering if Brody did or didn't do something.

I'm being vague so to not spoil, but yea the first season would have pissed me off if I actually had to watch every week. I busted out the two seasons in like 4 days.
10:26 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
The first season is FAR superior than the second season, IMO. The entire first season leaves you guessing as to what Brody is really up to, then you get a resolution, but then things aren't what they seem.

In the second season, you pretty much know what Brody is doing, then the season finale leaves you wondering if Brody did or didn't do something.

I'm being vague so to not spoil, but yea the first season would have pissed me off if I actually had to watch every week. I busted out the two seasons in like 4 days.

Cool. I've heard that Season 1 is better than two, but I've heard that 2 is pretty good too. Thanks for not spoiling anything. I'm gonna start watching it soon
10:29 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Cool. I've heard that Season 1 is better than two, but I've heard that 2 is pretty good too. Thanks for not spoiling anything. I'm gonna start watching it soon
Two is good, but the whole allure of the show, at least IMO, was wondering if this POW turned into a terrorist either on his own, or by brainwashing. Then you are given an answer to that question at the later end of season one.

Once you find out what is going on, I wouldn't say I lost interest, but it lost a lot of allure after that.

I'm looking forward to season three, anyone who has seen the season two finale knows what I mean when I say what the hell are they going to do in this show now?
10:31 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
Missed this last night, but if this is online (Hulu perhaps?), I definitely will check it out tonight.
10:42 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Missed this last night, but if this is online (Hulu perhaps?), I definitely will check it out tonight.

I don't think Hulu gets FX shows, but it's been ripped and is on P2P and torrent sites if you are familiar at all with those... plus I'm sure FX will re-air it at some point before episode 2 airs
12:39 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
xjulianx89
Play that tune
North Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
That was alright. It relied on music too much (the Phil Collins bit was awful), and I have a feeling the kids will become a nuisance, a la Homeland. Premise is enough to keep me watching.
12:41 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Was pretty good.
12:44 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Is Kerri Russell's character American or Russain? Sounded like she had no accent in the promo.
01:36 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Is Kerri Russell's character American or Russain? Sounded like she had no accent in the promo.

She's a Russian operative undercover as an American citizen.
02:58 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
I did not like this, but I'll admit that I only watched the first 25 minutes or so.

I'll probably try to watch the entire episode tomorrow.

It got a lot better. I thought it was just okay at first but once the episode was over, I loved it.

I DVR'd the pilot, haven't watched yet. The series of teaser promos were awesome with the traditional Russian music playing, which going through the American suburbs was haunting.

...then all of a sudden it's about a married KGB couple who are in the US? I was expecting a show with a darker tone, possibly involving some invasion of Russains on American soil.

You haven't even watched it yet and you're questioning the tone. I thought it was pretty dark.
03:23 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
flask
Registered Member
California
Male - 24 Years Old
Loved it. The pilot definitely has me hooked. I think it treats the audience with respect and nothing is spelled out for you. Despite being an hour and a half long, it was pretty quickly paced and it demands attention from the viewer. Whoever was washing their dishes while watching this needs to sit down and pay attention. I'm glad this left an impression because I thought The Following looked great and the first episode didn't leave me wanting to continue the series.
I think the period music fits the show really well, especially the Fleetwood Mac at the beginning. Phil Collins during the sex scene didn't bother me. After the Leonard Cohen Watchmen sex scene, nothing looks that bad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos