AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Ratham Stone - 01.29.13

Interviewed by
Ratham Stone - 01.29.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Ratham Stone

Ratham Stone is:
Andrew Lipinski, Piano/ Vocals
Adam Lipinski- vocalist, songwriter, guitar player

1. How did you get your band name?

Andrew: Ratham started out as a nickname for Adam.

Adam: It’s really random how the name “Ratham Stone” came about.. “Ratham” was a nickname a couple of friends called me a while back. And when thinking of a memorable and unique name I couldn’t think of anything more fitting.

2. How did this band get started?

Adam: Both my brother and I were writing and recording music under our own projects in 2010. I was in Orlando, FL and he was in Columbus, OH. After a year of recording EPs and playing shows, we decided it was best to join forces. We both could benefit from each other's help and ever since, we have been working hard to succeed in the industry.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Adam: My favorite bands include Augustana, Coldplay, and Death Cab For Cutie. They have great songs and melodies along with a great live show.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Andrew: I would like to tour with Bob Dylan.

Adam: If I could tour with any bands, it would be my favorite bands: Augustana, Coldplay, and Death Cab For Cutie, because I’m a fan of them and would love watching them perform every night.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Andrew: No fast food chain restaurants. I like to try and eat food that is uniquely local to the area.

Adam: Pizza is my favorite thing to eat on the road. I enjoy finding the little hole in the wall places with the best pizza! mmmmmm Favorite food ever!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Andrew: 'Cause for us it is all about the songs. We spend a lot of time writing music that will keep our listeners engaged for a whole three and a half minutes while hopefully establishing some kind of connection with them through the songs.

Adam: I encourage people to check out our music because I think everyone could relate to our songs on some level. We are very diverse and have put out albums that fall under many categories so no matter what kind of music you like, we may have a song that you can connect with.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Andrew: Brian Wilson (SF Giants Pitcher) 1) 'cause I like baseball 2) cause he has an amazing beard!

Adam: We are huge Motocross/Supercross fans. For many years we both raced dirt bikes across the country. Some people may not consider it to be a sport but we understand the hard work each rider puts into every race and respect that. It’s also one of the most fun and thrilling experiences a person can have.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Andrew: I would thank my family for always supporting us, and I would thank everyone who bought our album, or shirt or a concert ticket to see us cause they are the ones who kept Ratham Stone alive.

Adam: If I won a Grammy I would first thank my parents. Obviously without them I wouldn’t exist, but they have always been very supportive of whatever we wanted to do and I am very thankful to have them. Also would have to thank my friends for all their support. Great friends are by your side through thick and thin and without them life would be difficult. Last I would thank the fans and everyone who has supported and believed in us. So hopefully one day I will be standing on the big stage thanking all these people who made everything possible.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Andrew: I would want everyone who works in the music industry to be more a fan than a business person.

Adam: If I could change something about the music industry I would keep everything focused on the music and the songs. I feel a lot of time we get buried in drama that draws focus from what should matter most, and thats great songs.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Andrew: Sunfest!!!!!

Adam: Sharing the same stage as Pitbull, Dia Frampton, and The Fray. SunFest 2012 was a great experience for us. And hanging out with these musicians was a blast.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Adam: I think Absolute Punk is a great place for artists and fans to discover new music and new artists. It’s also a great place to stay up to date on new releases and news!

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Andrew: I love playing Bob Dylan. Any song. And I like playing my original songs to see how people react.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Andrew: Mountains of Colorado! In the summer though (avoid the snow).

Adam: I enjoy being surrounded by great scenery on vacation. Whether it’s the Pennsylvania mountains in the fall or the sunset at Key West.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Andrew: I remember when I was little riding in the car listening to Elvis. Now every time I hear Elvis it takes me back.

Adam: Roller Blades, Yo-Yos, and Capri Suns!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Andrew: I would want the superpower of never getting sick. It’s weird but I have almost a phobia of getting sick!

Adam: If I could have any super power I would be able to teleport. There is a lot of times I wish I could be somewhere else and with that super power I could make it happen.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Andrew: Ratham Stone Ritual is a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Odd man out is the winner. Sometimes it takes a while but its always fun.

Adam: We play Rock Paper Scissors and the winner gets possession of The Ratham Stone.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Andrew: I can throw a baseball 90 mph.

Adam: I used to be a professional Stunt man at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I did some of the motorcycle stunts including a fire burn.

[b]18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio?

Andrew: I think mainstream radio has done an awesome job playing good music but I wish they didnt over play a lot of songs. I would like them to spend more time playing new music!

Adam: I enjoy most of the music I hear on the radio. Some truly great songs.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Andrew: Write songs, swim, eat, and write songs.

Adam: In my spare time I like to watch TV and Tweet (@rathaddum, @rathamstone)! And throw the ball for my dog Duke!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Andrew: I can do cool tricks on a Dirtbike.

Adam: I can do a front flip. Probably takes more commitment than talent but yeah!

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
01:54 PM on 02/16/13
mahcraday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you do decide to transmit your data through the lender's website, be sure that the computer you conduct your transaction on costs nothing from spyware and other malicious software that could transmit details you've keyed in to a hacker or another system within the internet. car title loans The biggest risk, obviously, is if you're unable to pay back your loan. The owner will be in a position to make use of the title as collateral because of their loans.
Car title loans are short-term loans which you will get by adding your automobile as collateral. My friend Alex and I are currently running a successful business firm, using a myriad of staff working for us. In the research, you've find different sorts of loans and selections for payday. In that instance, there will be the risk in the lender repossessing the automobile.
Equity loans on car titles utilize the value of an car as collateral, allowing lenders to relieve rates. At first, a short-run auto title loan might appear appealing especially if you've got poor credit. Car title loans provide security for the lenders of car loans inside the form from the title with the car that they are enhancing the borrower to buy. car title loans los angeles
07:09 PM on 03/11/13
paypal login
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The good news is, Flock saves you your own log-in data for the most part internet websites. Before, We quit chocolate bars or even a a cup of coffee and / or any other thing We often had hardship saying no thanks to and everyday living without ever. When you're completed investigating it, click the Back button to close it all plus go back these write-up you are at. gFqyIHY, chase login, koncCXp, roadrunner login email, ysfbnln, itunes login, AOxIODy

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos