AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Manchester Orchestra News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 90.
07:54 AM on 01/31/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Listening now but I thought it was just MO. What does o'Brother do in this song?
08:08 AM on 01/31/13
JoshSalas
User Info.
Love this.
08:09 AM on 01/31/13
albertad
User Info.
THIS IS TOO DOPE! really awesome cover...might be better than the original? thoughts?
08:33 AM on 01/31/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
really awesome song
08:43 AM on 01/31/13
benjammin07
User Info.
I want to love this, but I gotta say the fifteen minutes is killing me. glad I didn't purchase
08:43 AM on 01/31/13
Steviep413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow....I'm not a huge Manchester fan but my god MIND = BLOWN. I think I have to hunt this vinyl down now....the extra Thrice track didn't even have to seal the deal and it's my only initial interest (well, and O'brother)....damn!

I would recommend checking out other manchester songs if you haven't yet. Awesome band, one of my favorites.

But anyways good luck finding the vinyl :(. They only made around 400 and sold out in like 5 minutes. They will probably be on ebay for an insane amount of money which sucks.
08:46 AM on 01/31/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Guess I'm the only one here who didn't like this?

I liked it all aside from the chorus vocals. Andy makes it feel morbid, where Gwen makes it more of a desperate plea with pain . Haha. I guess I'm bad at translating my comparisons to text.
08:58 AM on 01/31/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Waiting to hear it on vinyl. Should be here soon!
09:00 AM on 01/31/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
So awesome. Wish I could have gotten a copy of this. There were only 500 pressed, right?
That's the word, though MO only sold 400 of them, claiming they don't know what happened to the other 100 copies. Those 400 copies were gone in less than a minute. Super stoked I managed to get one.

Just a heads up to anyone that missed out: MO canceled orders of people who got more than one AND people who immediately posted their copies on eBay (without the record in hand, the morons). I'd imagine a handful more of these will be made available soonish.
09:02 AM on 01/31/13
benjammin07
User Info.
I liked it all aside from the chorus vocals. Andy makes it feel morbid, where Gwen makes it more of a desperate plea with pain . Haha. I guess I'm bad at translating my comparisons to text.

no no no I totally get what you're saying. andy is usually spot on with the pain and emotion and blah blah, but you're right he sounded morbid and frightening at times
09:02 AM on 01/31/13
Asthenia-182
But it doesn't bother me at all...
User Info.
Listening now but I thought it was just MO. What does o'Brother do in this song?
They're probably the reason it's so long. haha. And it sounds like a lot of their instrumentation, but I don't know.
09:04 AM on 01/31/13
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
I would recommend checking out other manchester songs if you haven't yet. Awesome band, one of my favorites.

But anyways good luck finding the vinyl :(. They only made around 400 and sold out in like 5 minutes. They will probably be on ebay for an insane amount of money which sucks.
I like a handful of their songs, I guess I could give them another try....I really like one song by them, i'll go look for it now and post it
09:06 AM on 01/31/13
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
Oh ok, "I can feel a hot one", love that song....but anyways, I know the vinyl's going for like $150, that's life and sometimes you pay a lil more than you should
09:11 AM on 01/31/13
Steviep413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh ok, "I can feel a hot one", love that song....but anyways, I know the vinyl's going for like $150, that's life and sometimes you pay a lil more than you should

I love that song. Yeah it's shitty people are charging so much. I'd prefer that $150 go to them and not some random person looking for a quick buck.
09:26 AM on 01/31/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Really enjoyed this, although I doubt I'll listen to the full thing much.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums