Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
01:51 PM on 01/31/13
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A little let down you didn't ask him my question about how they now feel about having a that song about literally crying when Obama won the 2008 election.
09:28 PM on 01/31/13
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sorry, but it's because I already asked them about "Election Night" three years ago:

"Yeah, “Election Night” is a true story. We were in Florida after the Fest and our van broke down once again. We had to get a new starter and we had a long drive that day so we had to cancel the show that night. So skipping that show we’d drive from Florida to Richmond, Virginia to make the next show. That night driving we were listening to radio all night listening to the election coverage. We were all blown away by what was happening and really hopeful and excited. I’ve gotten a lot of crap for that song too because people are like ‘Oh, it’s an Obama love song’ and it’s not an Obama love song. It’s a song about how we were feeling that night and how everyone we knew was feeling with the same hope and excitement. We didn’t think it was actually going to change the world completely, but it was the best thing that could have happened that day."

And I really didn't see the need to bring it up again. I don't see the controversy surrounding that song and even though I'm Canadian I think it's a really, really good thing that Obama beat McCain in that election. And I also think it's an incredibly good thing that Romney didn't win a few months ago.
I didn't know you had already asked them about it, so that is kind of cool.
Though I still think it would be a relevant question, if you asked them how their opinion of that night has changed in the last 4 years, since some people have been less than happy with what Obama has actually done vs. what they thought he would actually do on election night.
And I personally never found the song to be controversial, I just always found it really funny that they started crying because Obama won the election.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos