Username
Password

09:04 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
NJ / NYC
Male
Sooner than you realize, it will be June (or even December) and there will be hundreds of records to catch up on in contention for the always-fun "Best of Year" lists. Start early and share your favorite albums so far through January.

Here's mine. I'd love to read yours, and I'd love to know what else I should check out based on my taste below:

Silverstein
Dropkick Murphys
This Town Needs Guns
Bad Religion
Coheed and Cambria
Split - Touche Amore / Pianos Become the Teeth

If you see someone's list and have a recommendation for them, just quote it and share.
01:45 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Bad Religion - True North
Lights & Motion - Reanimation
The Bronx - IV
Half Hearted Hero - Whatever

I like 3 of 4 here, gonna need to see what Lights and Motion is.
02:10 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
I've never heard, but I was moreso commenting on how he started a thread for January albums and just managed to gloss over all the ones that reputable people have repeatedly mentioned haha

I've got 30 albums to go through in 2013 already, I'll get to the others as soon as I can. There has to be some priority / filter, and if someone has similar taste, the probability is higher that I'd like those recs.

Looking for common picks (Local Natives seems to be one of the more popular picks) also helps narrow it down. So much music.
12:55 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Tegan and Sara
Coheed and Cambria
Frightened Rabbit
Silverstein
This Town Needs Guns

I like a handful of these, but I don't know Frightened Rabbit. Grabbing it now, thanks for sharing.
02:10 PM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Thank you thank you for everyone who recommended Ducktails, this album is lovely and gives me something to listen to when I get depressed about not being able to see Pavement anymore.
05:09 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
The new Coheed and Cambria album was a lot better than their last couple albums, but I still can't really dig anything they put out anymore.

I think I like this new one more than anything since 2005.

The band is a massive undertaking to keep up with, though, and I'm not a big enough fan of them these days to stay up to date.. which is unfortunate because they seem to be the ultimate band if you're into it, with all the extra media (comics, film, etc) to tie in with their music.

Nevermind the often-flawless live show. I always try to catch them, but I wish I knew more of the material inside-and-out to truly enjoy it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos