this site lowered my GPA
User Info.
sweet thread title.
11:33 AM on 03/12/08
windmillninja
You changed the rules.
User Info.
theres only one republican to endorse.

That's not my point. My point is that an entertainer endorsing a Republican seems to be more newsworthy than the same entertainer endorsing a Democrat.
11:48 AM on 03/12/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
That's not my point. My point is that an entertainer endorsing a Republican seems to be more newsworthy than the same entertainer endorsing a Democrat.
12:02 PM on 03/12/08
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.

Chuck Norris would endorse Huckabee
12:02 PM on 03/12/08
andrewinnuendo
User Info.
why is that every news site feels the need to announce that [insert your favorite musician here] is supporting a certain candidate? do you really care that fall out boy are huge barack obama fans or that the flaming lips are too? granted celebrities are always in the limelight and have greater influence on the greater public than joe schmo but just because you are their fan does that make their vote your vote? it’s time to be more individual people. just because one of your idols votes a certain way doesn’t mean you have to too.

i understand that if bono’s your hero that you’ll be more inclined to vote for the candidate in which he endorses; however, this does not replace educating yourself. make a knowledgeable decision. quit all the praise of certain rock stars supporting a certain candidate. their vote counts just the same as the next man or woman in line. if we took all our time reading news about who’s supporting who then we wouldn’t have time to learn about the real issues and what each candidate stands for.
12:37 PM on 03/12/08
windmillninja
You changed the rules.
User Info.
01:56 PM on 03/12/08
bradyreier
http://twitter.com/bradyreier
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always knew Wayne was a smart man.
02:14 PM on 03/12/08
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
User Info.
Woohoo
02:48 PM on 03/12/08
thesecondplace
Zoe & Piper's Dad
User Info.

Ron Paul.
02:55 PM on 03/12/08
dingy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How about we just start announcing when people in the entertainment biz endorse a Republican?

From my experiences here, I've realized this site has a pretty big bias pertaining to politics.

If I had a site similar to this one, I would encourage people to educate themselves about the different candidates, not just provoke them to vote for whoever the entertainers are supporting because I endorse them as well.
03:55 PM on 03/12/08
MyNameIsRoss
As he should.
06:29 PM on 03/12/08
windmillninja
You changed the rules.
User Info.
From my experiences here, I've realized this site has a pretty big bias pertaining to politics.

If I had a site similar to this one, I would encourage people to educate themselves about the different candidates, not just provoke them to vote for whoever the entertainers are supporting because I endorse them as well.

Damn, it's too bad you're not old enough to vote yet, unless you'll be 18 come November. Oh well. At least you give me hope for the future.
11:20 AM on 03/13/08
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.

Not to mention the only republican was there when Gregorian chant was the hot sound.
11:22 AM on 03/13/08
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.

The only thing I realized from that is that even with God behind Huckabee, he still has no shot in hell.
11:25 AM on 03/13/08
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
why is that every news site feels the need to announce that [insert your favorite musician here] is supporting a certain candidate? do you really care that fall out boy are huge barack obama fans or that the flaming lips are too? granted celebrities are always in the limelight and have greater influence on the greater public than joe schmo but just because you are their fan does that make their vote your vote? it’s time to be more individual people. just because one of your idols votes a certain way doesn’t mean you have to too.

i understand that if bono’s your hero that you’ll be more inclined to vote for the candidate in which he endorses; however, this does not replace educating yourself. make a knowledgeable decision. quit all the praise of certain rock stars supporting a certain candidate. their vote counts just the same as the next man or woman in line. if we took all our time reading news about who’s supporting who then we wouldn’t have time to learn about the real issues and what each candidate stands for.

So then no one with the spotlight should use it for what they see as the right thing to do when it pertains to politic? It's not like anyones forcing you to vote the same as the flaming lips, the whole idea behind it is to bring Obama's policies and standing points to a bigger audience.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos