AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

BigD and the Kids Table News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Big D and The Kids Table Launch Kickstarter

Posted by - 10:05 PM on 02/02/13
Big D and The Kids Table have launched a Kickstarter to help fund their next two albums.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:40 PM on 02/02/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
They'll get it

I wasn't a fan of their last record really but I loved Strictly Rude and Fluent In Stroll

Glad to see their doing a "Stroll" album as well!
01:22 AM on 02/03/13
dany182
God Of War xD
User Info.
I love the last album, but Fluent in Stroll was only ok for me. Sucks that this band still has to do kickstarters when they are clearly talented and diserve to be big...
01:49 AM on 02/03/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
how does 2 cds translate to $50? Seems like more and more bands are using Kickstarter and the like for money making purposes instead of the actual music
02:10 AM on 02/03/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
how does 2 cds translate to $50? Seems like more and more bands are using Kickstarter and the like for money making purposes instead of the actual music
I mean, you could wait until they release the albums and THEN buy them.
02:28 AM on 02/03/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I mean, you could wait until they release the albums and THEN buy them.
yes and?

I don't see why this shouldn't be like a fan funded label. pay for the recording costs and promotion up front and then make money on the sales after they recoup costs for recording and promotion. why do bands think they should double up?

I like this band so I'm not picking on them, but $5000 to hang out with the band? what a joke
04:52 AM on 02/03/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Such awesome guys I'm definitely going to help out where I can... not so much for the rewards (the options/prices are a little crazy) but just to help out in getting 2 new Big D records.

I still haven't picked up Built Up From Nothing (D Sides & Dub)... Is it worth getting? £15.99 on iTunes is stupid.
05:31 AM on 02/03/13
Anthony Lutz
nextstoptheolympics.tumbl r.com
User Info.
I put in $150 for both LP's, an exclusive 7-inch, and silk screened poster all signed. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me, and it goes towards helping them as well.
09:00 AM on 02/03/13
You'reSoCool
You told Brant, Brant told me.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I put in $150 for both LP's, an exclusive 7-inch, and silk screened poster all signed. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me, and it goes towards helping them as well.
Same here. It seems like they'll use 180g vinyl or damn near close and the 7" plus the poster are ltd to the Kickstarter and everything is signed. Seemed like a good deal considering its a a Kickstarter, not a bundle on their web store.
01:29 PM on 02/03/13
leftapart
User Info.
Yay for new music from Big D!
02:57 PM on 02/03/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Yikes, those prices are pretty inflated. $15 for a digital download, or $30 for a CD??? I like the idea of Kickstarter, but this runs contrary to what I think it should be.
05:51 PM on 02/03/13
harveyn590
User Info.
will donate, also kinda curious as to why they would launch this on a saturday

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News