AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
10:08 PM on 02/03/13
conditionals
User Info.
The "crap rains down" part in Admit It Again...

For me it's "you son of a GGMMMMPGHHH"... or, you know, the entire rest of the song.
01:03 AM on 02/11/13
conditionals
User Info.
"tehe hipsturs r silly n pitch4rk is laem".

Say Anything is easily my favorite band within this particular scene and IARB is one of my favorite albums of all time. So I really wanted to like it. I really wanted to at the very least not fucking hate it. But it was just so bland. Every mid-tempo ballad track bled in with the other. If this was another pop rock band making generic pop rock music, this would be fine but the band has been known for its versatility. In Defense was such a great album because as far as style and tone, it was all over the fucking place. So why did Anarchy, My Dear feel like a bunch of bunch of b-sides from their previous album. I liked Burn a Miracle, but even that sounded like a demo version. Overbiter was catchy but wasn't even as close to the infectiousness of Crush'd or Do Better or Less Cute. Say what you will about the S/T but at least it was confident in making a poppy version of Say Anything. AMD tried to juggle together the pop side and the punk side too conservatively that neither stood out.

Sooooo yeah... that's my take on that album.

I absolutely love Say Anything, and in my opinion 95% of the songs Max writes are amazing. Unfortunately I most of that 5% is on Anarchy. There are songs I do like: Overbiter, Sheep, So Good... but at the same time I appreciate that they aren't really great 'Say Anything songs'.

I'm also a firm believer in the self titled. The pop sheen was couterweighed by the bursting amount of creativity underpinning each song. And honestly, despite it being a firm pop album, 'She Won't Follow You' rocked harder than anything on Anarchy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos