Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 168.
07:20 AM on 02/04/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Totally agree with people saying Danger Days. Also, not sure if this is within "the scene" or not but The Wolf by Andrew WK is pretty damn good. It had the bad luck of following I Get Wet so it fell short of people's expectations but it's still a beautiful, glee-inducing album in its own right.
07:21 AM on 02/04/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
I feel like that was the collaboration 99% of FOB fans wanted, but nobody even seems to remember that song. I don't get it. It's fantastic.
Might be the best song they ever wrote.
07:22 AM on 02/04/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
The "crap rains down" part in Admit It Again...

Yeah I think him describing fucking as "forming a Japanese mechsuit" as more fucking ridiculous and embarrassing.
07:38 AM on 02/04/13
gameguru990
User Info.
Convinced I'm the only person who's loved "Sink Into Me" since day one.
I've always loved that song. Such a jam. It's the only one I really took away from New Again.
08:31 AM on 02/04/13
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Convinced I'm the only person who's loved "Sink Into Me" since day one.
not the only one, it's such a jam and and a better song than nearly anything they released since. i still don't get the unnecessary hate it got.
08:40 AM on 02/04/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good Records on this list: New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Brand New, Saves The Day, Fall Out Boy
Ok Records: Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday

Not every record is going to be as good as a bands "best record", or the "one that got you into that band".

I have always enjoyed or listened to the album or tracks from the bands listed above. Like the column piece, probably a fair selection based on popular opinion, but more than anything I don't often get the fair weather fans of certain bands.
08:42 AM on 02/04/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sink Into Me has always been standout Taking Back Sunday song in my opinion too. Great intro.
09:08 AM on 02/04/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Paper Walls is stellar. It's such a dark record, it is wonderful.

It bored me and came off as half baked.
09:37 AM on 02/04/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
New Again is one of my favorite TBS records. Never understood the hate from day one. Some of those songs are TBS' best songs.
really? "Everything Must Go" and "Swing" are jams and I like the chorus to "Summer, Man"...but that's about it. easily the worst lyrics on any TBS record
09:44 AM on 02/04/13
cody_rosebalm
User Info.
It bored me and came off as half baked.
Really? How so? I'm interested because I've only ever heard great things about it from tons of sites and fans.
09:45 AM on 02/04/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
I can only listen to the first half of s/t (sad savior and money is a jam). New Again is amazing. If people could just turn off their nostalgia/past thoughts of the band and listen with fresh ears, a lot more people would get into it. That record has some of their best songs ever.
haha I have no nostalgia attached to them. I've only been listening to them for the past few years
09:45 AM on 02/04/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't agree with everything on that list, but if it were mine I would add these 3 records to it:

Sense Fail - Life is Not A Waiting Room
AVA - We Don't Need to Whisper
Anberlin - New Surrender

All great in their own way, but for some reason never truly appreciated for what they are
09:48 AM on 02/04/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Really? How so? I'm interested because I've only ever heard great things about it from tons of sites and fans.

Yeah I never fully understood why so many people on this site hard major hard ons for that record. Songs like "The Takedown", "Fighting", and more should have been huge songs but instead felt too pop punk-y and in being so, felt watered down. I love YC when they sound their biggest and straight rock.
10:20 AM on 02/04/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
In Reverie is a masterpiece and I can't believe it isn't recognized as one by the scene yet. I thought it would get a Pinkerton like following
10:25 AM on 02/04/13
andrew182182
User Info.
Coming Home is the best NFG album, especially in terms of production, songwriting, and lyrical content. It was just all around solidly crafted, showed the band at their best, showed their fans something different and really left a mark with me. When they went back to their roots on subsequent albums I've always been a little disappointed with the outcome. Coming Home will always be my favorite albums from them at their pinnacle.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests