Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 163
10:14 PM on 02/03/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
man, there are some unfair assumptions about some fan bases all over this article
Obviously it takes the more widely ranging viewpoint on these records. I personally love some of the albums on this list, but I know that most people think that Yellowcard record was a step down.
10:14 PM on 02/03/13
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New Again deserves no second chances.

this
10:15 PM on 02/03/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Obviously it takes the more widely ranging viewpoint on these records. I personally love some of the albums on this list, but I know that most people think that Yellowcard record was a step down.
i was talking about things like "people dont like anarchy because it isnt is a real boy." pretty sure people dont like anarchy because its a bad record.
10:17 PM on 02/03/13
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
i was talking about things like "people dont like anarchy because it isnt is a real boy." pretty sure people dont like anarchy because its a bad record.
I mentioned that because Max said something about the album being in the spirit of Is A Real Boy, and that let people down. For what it is, I think it's a solid record.
10:19 PM on 02/03/13
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I back that whole blurb on Folie hard. I fucking hated that album in 8th grade when it came out, love it as a senior. I still think 27, w.a.m.s., West Coast Smoker, Tiffany Blews and I Don't Care are terrible songs, but everything else has grown on me. I'd consider Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet the best song Patrick ever released and Water Buffalos and What a Catch aren't far behind. But boy did that album piss me off when it came out.

I didn't know anyone liked it until I started coming to AP.net a few years back. All of my friends in middle school hated it and all the Fall Out Boy fans I met in high school hated it too. Apparently it's everyone's favorite here.

I understand why you didn't like it considering you were in the 8th grade when it came out. Hands down their best album.
10:19 PM on 02/03/13
samlowry09
Registered abUser
User Info.
Always loved In Reverie & Daisy since my first listen. Danger Days was started to win me over.

New Again probably never will. I wanted to like that album so much & I dig a couple songs (Lonely, Lonely, Carpathia, Everything Must Go), but the rest feel like demos that were never fully realized - really bad production.
10:20 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good read. Agreed on Anarchy, but even after my re-listen, it was still quite easily the worst Say Anything release.

Been meaning to go back and check New Again - "Swing" is still my jam.

man, there are some unfair assumptions about some fan bases all over this article
Meh, I think it portrays the overall reception fairly well. Obviously not everyone will agree.
10:21 PM on 02/03/13
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
Coming Home is my favorite NFG album...
10:23 PM on 02/03/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
Splinter was a fucking great album. The last good one they made.

The album had way too many joke songs. If they just would have been cut, the Offspring would have had a phenomenal punk record.

The band wrote a lot of what was creatively, their best work, but it just got diluted by silliness.
10:24 PM on 02/03/13
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
The "crap rains down" part in Admit It Again...

10:25 PM on 02/03/13
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Daisy is bloody fantastic, and I don't think Lights and Sounds was that bad. Certain songs on that record were really good.
10:27 PM on 02/03/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
New Again for sure. More people are warming up to the record, but many TBS fans still can't help comparing it to the group's back catalogue when judging the album's music, leaving them to criticize it much more harshly than if another band wrote and released it.

Other albums that come to mind:

Bad Religion - No Substance
The Offspring - Splinter
Rise Against - Appeal To Reason
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines Of God
Underoath - Lost In The Sound Of Separation.
I love BR's No Substance- I think that record would be a huge scene hit if released today...
10:28 PM on 02/03/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Like I told Erik, FOB, NFG, YC and STD are all considered their best work in a lot of social circles.
10:28 PM on 02/03/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
That list is so great. I love Anarchy, My Dear, FAD is Fall Out Boy's best album, I have never understood the hate behind New Again, and L&S has long been my favorite Yellowcard album. That one I will never get the hate behind. It's just an all around fantastic album.
10:30 PM on 02/03/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
Always loved In Reverie & Daisy since my first listen. Danger Days was started to win me over.

New Again probably never will. I wanted to like that album so much & I dig a couple songs (Lonely, Lonely, Carpathia, Everything Must Go), but the rest feel like demos that were never fully realized - really bad production.

What didn't you like about the production if I may ask? I thought it was really well polished and sounded great.

I Agree with the author of the album that you just gotta listen to it for what it is, a straight up alt/rock album. Lyrics are some of the most personal Lazzara has put out IMO.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos