Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 163
03:19 AM on 02/04/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
I agree with this list for the most part. I don't agree with Danger Days, I couldn't listen to that album all the way through; no matter how many times I tried.

In my opinion, Taking Back Sunday has never had a bad album. So I agree that their later two albums, even later three albums if you're in the group of people who dislike Louder Now, need second chances.

Another underrated album that comes to mind is Four Year Strong's In Some Way, Shape or Form. I really loved that album, it was really good and what I needed at the time it came out. A punk sort of Foo Fighters feel.
04:04 AM on 02/04/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Neighborhoods is the worst blink-182 album to date. The only tracks I really enjoyed on their comeback record were Natives and Wishing Well.

I couldn't get into Welcome The Night the first time I listened to it, but I think it's time to give it another chance.

Personally, I enjoy all the other albums on this list, particularly Lights And Sounds, a criminally underrated record: well, of course, it's not Paper Walls, but it contains a bunch of memorable songs just like Holy Wood Died, the titletrack, and Words Hands Hearts.
04:11 AM on 02/04/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Definitely agreed with In Reverie. Kinda agree with Welcome the Night (haven't listened to it in so long though) and two other albums.

Needs some Say Hello to Sunshine.
04:13 AM on 02/04/13
friskycurtain
Registered Member
User Info.
Arrivals and Departures by Silverstein

Definitely should be included in the next list. Shane hardly screamed on that album and I think that annoyed many fans. It was their "soft" album. I personally love it. I prefer Shane's singing voice over his lackluster screaming.
04:15 AM on 02/04/13
cody_rosebalm
User Info.
oh man I love that song too! Its such a great record and everything after has been regression. I HATE Paper Walls (boring ass album) and both WYTTSY/SA has had its share of equally eh songs and solid rockers. Lights is the only record I can listen to from start to finish without wanting to skip a song.
Paper Walls is stellar. It's such a dark record, it is wonderful.
05:03 AM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
As much as I agree Danger Days deserves a "second chance" or whatever, that bit about The Black Parade is just dumb.
05:06 AM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Danger Days - God-awful production (see Bulletproof Heart) along with some weird experimentation (what the hell is Vampire Money?) made this release a sleeper for me. The loss of their drummer didn't help either, all the drums felt uninspired. But there are still plenty of jams here, they just ring with lost opportunity.
Vampire Money's pretty much just a straight rock song, nothing weird about it. One of the least experimental songs on there tbh.
05:20 AM on 02/04/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Neighborhoods is a great record minus fighting the gravity and love is dangerous. Honestly think they did a horrible job marketing the album tho. Wishing well, even if she falls, or natives would have been great singles.
05:42 AM on 02/04/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I got back into Welcome The Night not too long ago and honestly going in no expecting an ataris album really made it an enjoyable experience. Glad to own the album.
05:55 AM on 02/04/13
Jimmy_Love
User Info.
Agreed on Daisy. Still my favorite record.
07:22 AM on 02/04/13
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
Very happy to see Lights and Sounds on here. Easily my favorite YC album, and I admit, it came at just the right time in my life, so I'm not surprised it resonated with me so well.
07:57 AM on 02/04/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Hit the Lights Invicta.

Like this answer.

Maybe this was the point but I felt that all their picks were from obvious bands rather than albums one may have bought from lesser appreciated artists. Seemed to be "let's list out all the least popular CDs from ap's most popular bands."
08:11 AM on 02/04/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
never understood why Daisy got such a terrible reception.
It's a pretty abrasive and experimental album for people who are generally used to YFW or Deja-era Brand New
08:17 AM on 02/04/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I agree with Folie A Deux... took me at least 5 listens before I actually enjoyed it... I still haven't gotten into The Ataris's Welcome the Night
08:19 AM on 02/04/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
For me it's "you son of a GGMMMMPGHHH"... or, you know, the entire rest of the song.
"tehe hipsturs r silly n pitch4rk is laem".

Say Anything is easily my favorite band within this particular scene and IARB is one of my favorite albums of all time. So I really wanted to like it. I really wanted to at the very least not fucking hate it. But it was just so bland. Every mid-tempo ballad track bled in with the other. If this was another pop rock band making generic pop rock music, this would be fine but the band has been known for its versatility. In Defense was such a great album because as far as style and tone, it was all over the fucking place. So why did Anarchy, My Dear feel like a bunch of bunch of b-sides from their previous album. I liked Burn a Miracle, but even that sounded like a demo version. Overbiter was catchy but wasn't even as close to the infectiousness of Crush'd or Do Better or Less Cute. Say what you will about the S/T but at least it was confident in making a poppy version of Say Anything. AMD tried to juggle together the pop side and the punk side too conservatively that neither stood out.

Sooooo yeah... that's my take on that album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos