AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts
06:56 AM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
like the song, confused that the album is titled save rock and roll, but the song is anything but rock and roll...
07:18 AM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
That's exactly what I read too. Joe denied on twitter, too. "it's not going to happen...seriously."
Maybe he meant "it's not not going to happen...seriously".
07:42 AM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
So all the times we heard someone say they are so excited that FOB are working on new tunes, they were actually working on new tunes.
10:09 AM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Has Jason weighed in yet? Wondering his thoughts.
10:20 AM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
The verses are really good, the chorus is... okay. Really like How Patrick sounds here, though. Kinda got a MJ vibe out of the song...
I heard this as well.
12:38 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I know they usually do not lead an album with their first single, but I feel like this would be an appropriate opener. I can see it followed with a song that "drives" a little more in terms of guitar work. That would work for me.
12:39 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.

Too many people, that's for sure. Music nerds are always going to be insufferable tho, no way around it.
Who knew you could tweet from Narnia?
12:50 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Gee...who didn't expect that for a comback album?

You want to know who else sells a lot of records? Nickelback
Self-titled was not a comeback album. It was released in 2003. It went double platinum. Would you like to try again? Also, what is a comback?
01:09 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
People tend to forget that the context of listening to an album heightens your memory of that album. People are hoping that if Fall Out Boy released music in the vein of FUCT or even IOH that it would make them feel the way those old albums felt. Truth is, that is not the way it works. If they released something like that, you would just be disappointed and complain as you wouldn't feel the new record like you felt the first time you heard the old ones. You can't re-create that feeling, it has to happen organically.
02:10 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Thats what I was thinking too. Not liek a concept album, but like the world is trying to make them more pop and strip away the rock. They release this song first so all people, including pop listeners, know they are back and become relevant...

Then release a primarily rock album, hoping the pop listeners try it and like it because they liked hte first single, and people like rock music again.

Probably not the case, but we can dream right?
Butch Walker can take things either way - I like your thought though. Either way, the album is going to be catchy and, once people get over their self-imposed expectations, well received.
02:12 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
My thoughts is that this is the opener. The album will soon open to a more rock like song after this.
Agreed - I think I wrote this on like page 40 - would make perfect sense
02:48 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Why do people buy that shit song anyway?

Prepares for mob with pitchforks who hate the fob song
People buy the song because they like it. Is it that hard to understand?
03:25 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Yes. Incredibly difficult to understand considering its easily free and not to mention it's the most asinine song on the radio
List every song on the radio now in ranking order of how asinine it is.
03:59 PM on 02/04/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
You can believe that if you want. I trust the band, they haven't lied to me yet. I don't know what he was told ... but it could very well be he interpreted something incorrectly? Dunno. Depends at what point you consider them writing officially or just tossing ideas around together too ... I heard they were with Butch in the studio about 2ish months ago.
I would gather the idea festered for a bit with trying to get everyone's schedules aligned to get this baby rolling. Of course one could argue that no one was doing anything that they couldn't drop on a dime! But, you have been right about this whole situation so no use in trying to argue against that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos