Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
07:28 AM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Dig the song, moreso then the lead singles for the last couple of albums. I've never been a big FOB fan though, main reason I listen to them is for Patrick and he sounds fucking great here so I'm excited for it.
02:02 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

Too many people, that's for sure. Music nerds are always going to be insufferable tho, no way around it.
This is why I love the album title. Just because I know it's going to piss people off and anyone that gets pissed off by it, clearly deserves to be pissed off.
03:00 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I liked "Soul Punk" - but to call this a b-side to that album is pretty ridiculous. This is far closer to the band's last album, "Alpha Dog" single, and a variety of stuff on IOH than it is "Soul Punk."
agreed. I kinda get the feeling people aren't really listening to it that closely, just hearing how "not rock" it is and dismissing it.
03:05 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Well, I mean if you like only rock, what's wrong with not liking something that doesn't sound like rock? haha. They changed their sound, doesn't mean fans have to change with them (not that I really was one before)
well I kind of think it's silly to just like rock in the first place but even if you do only like rock, if you're a fan of a band you shouldn't dismiss their new music so quickly even if it is a new sound you might be apprehensive about. at the very least you shouldn't be spouting shit about it when you clearly haven't taken a proper listen which was my main point, not that people have to like it.
03:51 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
One thing that's really been bothering me recently, first with Paramore and now with Fall Out Boy, is that even with these big name producers behind the helm, and with so many resources at their disposal in the studio, the production on both singles from both bands is lackluster. The drums and vocals especially. They both sound over-processed, muffled, and generally have lost their original sound. It's just funny how small-time bands seem to be getting better production values these days.

That's not a comment on the direction, genre-wise, of the songs, I'm literally just talking about the recording quality.
Patrick's voice sounds incredible, as does the production on it.
04:02 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I'm sorry everybody but this song, I don't enjoy it.
It's ok, we forgive you.
04:35 PM on 02/04/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
This is what I am referring to, so you don't want them to make FUTCT pt.2 but using the same sound as FAD is ok? What sense does that make? If the new album sounds like FAD or Soul Punk people better be here saying its stale,etc. Such a double standard.

The song isn't atrocious, but its generic, sappy, top 40 music. There is no denying that.
in what way is it sappy? in what way is it any more generic then what they used to write? not saying this or their old material is generic. and they've been top 40 for years.
07:21 AM on 02/06/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
It's ridiculous how many debates I've gotten into over the past two days irl over the new song, only to find out those people haven't even heard of Folie, let alone the two tracks on the greatest hits album.
Lol at people never hearing their best record.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests